ARB Twin Air Compressor Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s my solution to not wanting to take up bed space with a full size jack in the bed. Needed to do something as I used the factory jack location for a Kenwood radio. Ended up with a pro eagle CO2 jack on a built right panel. Jack lifts the truck surprisingly easily. The plus is that I now also have a way of filling up the tires with the co2 bottle.
Haven’t seen this setup before. Consider me intrigued!

badclam

Reaction score
You can put the compressor inside the cab, and then plumb the air hose coupler to the exterior of the vehicle so you don't have to have the door open to use. I'm hesitant to put it in the bed because of moisture damage to the ARB compressor.

OP
OP
Adrenlin

Adrenlin

Reaction score
You can put the compressor inside the cab, and then plumb the air hose coupler to the exterior of the vehicle so you don't have to have the door open to use. I'm hesitant to put it in the bed because of moisture damage to the ARB compressor.
Plumbing the hose is an option for inside the cab use. I'm not crazy about running a line inside the cab to the outside, but everyone has a different threshold of what they're comfortable with.

Have you seen where some of the Jeep guys install theirs? I'm not worried about moisture damage to the ARB considering those scenarios and what ARB designs it for. Moisture concern is minimal anyway, since it's under the bed cover.

badclam

Reaction score
Plumbing the hose is an option for inside the cab use. I'm not crazy about running a line inside the cab to the outside, but everyone has a different threshold of what they're comfortable with.

Have you seen where some of the Jeep guys install theirs? I'm not worried about moisture damage to the ARB considering those scenarios and what ARB designs it for. Moisture concern is minimal anyway, since it's under the bed cover.
It rains over 100" a year here. Moister might be an understatement. Nothing electrical seems to last here outdoors. Not Marine toggle switches, Marine battery switches, all the corrosion block you can apply just puts off the inevitable. I liked it under the hood in the bronco. I'm thinking the jack location behind the back seat maybe.

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about an exterior mount and moisture. I had my compressor on the bottom of my Tundra for 7 years with no issues. Used in all environments from snow to monsoon to Moab. I just got my Gen3 and will be transferring the compressor to it in the next couple weeks.

badclam

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about an exterior mount and moisture. I had my compressor on the bottom of my Tundra for 7 years with no issues. Used in all environments from snow to monsoon to Moab. I just got my Gen3 and will be transferring the compressor to it in the next couple weeks.
Wow! I had no idea they were that durable. I'm not used to electrical devices, especially exspensive parts, being that moister resistant.

Kyle761

Reaction score
Dust/sand, not crazy about the rain or snow either. Yeah it's just water, but I think back to some of the monsoons I've seen, and I wouldn't want to leave the doors open in those either. Of course depending upon the passenger, just the cold or heat rushing in can sometimes cause severe noises from the shotgun seat! :rotflmao:
Lol, that is true, but the twin can pump up my 37's in about 1 minute each tire from 10 PSI to 45 PSI. I love that compressor! <3

Txrigg

Reaction score
I put mine where the stock jack is. I can’t use the stock jack anyway cause of the 37’s and I got a Hi-lift. I really like the spot because it’s out of the elements and easy to get to.
I really like this setup. Where did you get the compressor mount?