ARB COMPRESSOR INSTALL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndk83

Reaction score
It uses the seat mounts to stay in place. I pulled the seat out completely so I could run wires and work. Then put the compressor and the mounting plate I made then reinstalled the seat.
Ahh ok cool. Which seat? Is this behind the two seater bench?

Did you face any issues: heat? sufficient air circulation ?

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its behind the single on the passenger side. No not yet but I also have the built right seat release so if it need to run it longer I can drop the seat back. I should also mention my truck ks a gen Juan but the space behind the seat is basically wasted space otherwise.

FORDGURU

Reaction score
The steel seat base frame around the inverter is quite heavy. Just made a “shelf” to bolt the compressor down on. Just an old snapon box shelf with a couple tabs welded to it. Strong enough for my 7 year old niece to stand on. One air chuck on each side of the truck and I can reach all 4 wheels with a 15’ hose.
My initial concern was heat. So far no issues.
Very nice! What fittings and mounts are those you used on each side of the seat.

teamster

Reaction score
I’m working on an install for my ‘17, looking to mount a dual-unit in the engine bay somewhere. It won’t be used heavily, but I need to keep the platform floor of the passenger compartment clear, so the passenger-side under-seat mount isn’t a good fit for me. I’ll report back with pics and install tips.

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m working on an install for my ‘17, looking to mount a dual-unit in the engine bay somewhere. It won’t be used heavily, but I need to keep the platform floor of the passenger compartment clear, so the passenger-side under-seat mount isn’t a good fit for me. I’ll report back with pics and install tips.
What about behind the rear seat?

teamster

Reaction score

StraightSixM2C

Reaction score
Under the hood, a single you could get away with. The twin is a tight squeeze in the engine bay or it’s dangerously close to the turbos.