ARB COMPRESSOR INSTALL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xexar

Reaction score
Great install. I just went to lowes and bought a bunch of parts for my own install but i was going to go onto the frame near the muffler. How did you mount it?

OP
OP
W

Wayne RSA

Reaction score
Great install. I just went to lowes and bought a bunch of parts for my own install but i was going to go onto the frame near the muffler. How did you mount it?
Hi Xexar
I welded up a custom bracket that I made from steel...I then coated it with bin liner black....used one mounting point on brake booster and other side into body of raptor....really came out beautifully.
Welcome to give me a call if you want....70774039three nine

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Xexar

Reaction score
I appreciate that Wayne. I did a quick dry fit in the space where you have it and it gets pretty tight. I'm thinking i'm going to move forward with the frame mount and super-strut. I'll hopefully have pictures to post in a couple of days. One other question. I'm going to wire this into an up-fitter switch which there is a ton of talk on here. But which ground point did you use?

OP
OP
W

Wayne RSA

Reaction score
I appreciate that Wayne. I did a quick dry fit in the space where you have it and it gets pretty tight. I'm thinking i'm going to move forward with the frame mount and super-strut. I'll hopefully have pictures to post in a couple of days. One other question. I'm going to wire this into an up-fitter switch which there is a ton of talk on here. But which ground point did you use?

Battery negative

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very nice install. But I do have two issues with it. One is engine heat, compressors heat up fast and engine heat is a problem. You can help by opening your hood when you air up. Second, the single ARB is a little light for 35" tires. It will do it, but if your really air down it will take a while to air up. I prefer the twin for the Raptor, and use the single on my RZR. Just my 2 cents. Again, very nice install.

koly

Reaction score
Very nice install. But I do have two issues with it. One is engine heat, compressors heat up fast and engine heat is a problem. You can help by opening your hood when you air up. Second, the single ARB is a little light for 35" tires. It will do it, but if your really air down it will take a while to air up. I prefer the twin for the Raptor, and use the single on my RZR. Just my 2 cents. Again, very nice install.
Agree and disagree…

Agree that heat can be an issue - those ARBs get HOT, and that slows them down. I've got the portable ARB toolbox version and after I've inflated 4 tires, I have to use gloves to disconnect the air hose if I don't want third degree burns, and that's outside the engine bay.

Disagree slightly with the single pump being light for 35" tires. In AZ, it usually takes ~12-20 mins to air up my 35s from 12psi up to 38-40psi; 12-15 mins in winter/20 in summer - the heat really slows the pump's efficiency by the 4th tire (but then I don't wheel much in the AZ summer, either). Not sure how much faster a dual would work, but 12-15 mins is ok w/me.