ARB Compressor in Engine Bay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TAC71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mounted my Viair 450c behind the front bumper and made a cover for it when not in use. the manifold with air fitting, psi switch, psi gauge and line out to the tank is also behind the grille. The tank is on the frame in front of the RR tire.

Attachments

• 20210605_162630_HDR.jpg
    20210605_162630_HDR.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 37

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mounted mine in the bed as I needed it to be portable.

Attachments

• ARB 002.JPG
    ARB 002.JPG
    202.1 KB · Views: 13
Reaction score
Behind the rear seat worked best for me, keeps the compressor protected from deep water and road salt in the winter plus it keep it from getting beat to **** like when mounted underneath or along the frame.
This looks great! Do you have any more photos you could post? I'm looking to do this exact install location but wasn't sure how you fit your air connectors and how you mounted the unit itself. Would be curious to know more about your install.

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This looks great! Do you have any more photos you could post? I'm looking to do this exact install location but wasn't sure how you fit your air connectors and how you mounted the unit itself. Would be curious to know more about your install.
I think I posted all the photos I took of it when I did the install. I just bent a peice of ss sheet that was large enough to reach the passenger side rear seat mounting points. Then I mounted the compressor to that. I just have a short ss braided hose mounted to the compressor that reachesthe door so I can hook a regular air hose to it.