Apple Carplay Without USB Cable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

element217

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted this on another thread but take it for whatever its worth. When I bought my Raptor on Friday, the dealer mentioned that Ford was preparing to release a firmware upgrade that would allow wireless Apple CarPlay. So fingers crossed on this one.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think NavTV makes a wireless interface for CarPlay as well. Probably around $400.00

Having to plug in is the worst part and yes it’s dated. I think Audi is one of the only other auto makers doing wireless CarPlay in certain vehicles as well.

I’d also like a seamless integration between the factory infotainment systems and CarPlay. I like features of each and its shifting back and forth to utilize them.

Cobraman044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an after market radio with wireless carplay in my 2011 F150. I really thought I would not miss it but now I really wish I had it. It was nice to just leave my phone in my pocket.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had an after market radio with wireless carplay in my 2011 F150. I really thought I would not miss it but now I really wish I had it. It was nice to just leave my phone in my pocket.

The little things mean a lot, after you have to do them over and over again.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s not a bad price if it works well. I may give one a go. I hate cables. Will give me an excuse to install some type of wireless charging pad as well then.

Anyone using it?