Anywhere to order in California for MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be aware that you will be 30+ deep on the 2022 Raptor waiting list if choosing Morgan Hill.

aalonso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can’t find a dealer in Southern California to even take a custom order for MSRP. I’m somewhat dumbfounded as I thought being able to order one wouldn’t be all that difficult, unlike finding something available now.

Any help is appreciated gentlemen.
I think there is a systemic problem with Ford!! Let’s put it in perspective and let us forget for a second Covid, shortages, MSRP vs ADM, etc.

Before the pandemic, ordering a new performance vehicle from Ford was a crapshoot, from dealers not knowing anything to Ford Zone reps not doing their jobs!! I have attempted to order a brand new truck three times, first in 2011, then in 2017 and now in 2021, mins you all from three different dealerships, and no luck!! I have a feeling that Ford needs to get its act together especially in the areas of dealer’s knowledge of their products, customer service, etc. and how a vehicle is ordered and tracked!

I have a feeling that I would need to do what I did before, scour the internet for a Raptor and bid and bid high!!

leo4x4

Reaction score
Can’t find a dealer in Southern California to even take a custom order for MSRP. I’m somewhat dumbfounded as I thought being able to order one wouldn’t be all that difficult, unlike finding something available now.

Any help is appreciated gentlemen.
I ordered in Montana. $5k over

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered/bought my 19 from Penske Ford La Mesa through their internet department for MSRP when everyone else in SoCal wanted $$ ADM. They did try to jack the price at the last moment, ADM = 2.5K, but I said no. it was the last day of the month, so I knew they needed the sale. LOL

motorman9817

Reaction score
I purchased my first Raptor, a 2019 in Dixon California for $1000 less than MSRP. Prior to ordering a 37 in Idaho I contacted the Dixon dealership. I spoke to the exact same sales person and I offered him MSRP on a 2021 raptor 37. I am a cash buyer and he checked with management and came back with $10,000 over MSRP. being that I can sell my 2019 for what I paid for it, or possibly over what I paid for it, I do not blame dealerships. Our economy is based on capitalistic principles, supply and demand. If a person wants the truck, they will pay for it, dealerships know it, you know it and I know it. I never buy a vehicle for an investment, however, maybe one day, due to limited supply, the 2021 will pay dividends.