Anywhere in VA to order??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't be too discouraged. I have had two local dealers call me me with unexpected deliveries of 35 801As. I passed on both because I am holding out for a 37. Make contacts at several dealers and the stars may align. There are quite a few on here that have been in the right place at the right time and stumbled into good deals. I am fortunate that my agreement/contract is at MSRP, I am still driving a Raptor I love, and (although impatient) really don't have any reason to be in a hurry. While you can find a deal at MSRP, they are becoming even more difficult to find.

Badboy4fun_wa

Reaction score
Good news 2022 is a new year. Allocations come monthly for the most part. It seems that Ford my be placing priority on Customer Orders because they are requiring a Valid License to order. In the closing of 2021s and how short the MY was allocations were extremely important. One or two chances to be in the allocated orders and after that everyone else got the Sorry But no Raptor for you. Cross your fingers and if you are extremely patient look for an Allocation at MSRP in the background.

sheaks3

Reaction score
Cup half full! Not in a hurry but not paying over msrp. This will be my third and it will be the first time at msrp, paid less then msrp on the previous two. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anywhere in VA that I can order MSRP? I've called 10 different places in NOVA, they either don't have allocation or 20+k over MSRP.
You can order a ‘22 TRX from KOONS for a flat $10k off MSRP....

And they will be a certified Power Broker dealership....

Last edited:

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
…the same koons that are trying to push raptors for 50k over msrp??!!

Guess it wouldn’t hurt to have one of each.
Depending on when my TRX arrives I will likely keep the Raptor as well. Koons in VA has joined a few other smart RAM dealers who are offering $10-11k off MSRP on any TRX, and some are also offering price protection in the event there are price increases prior to delivery. ‘Sold’ orders are prioritized over dealer stock orders and those dealers are betting that some percentage of the sold orders will fall through prior to delivery allowing the dealers to sell at MSRP or even over. Smart move on the Dealers part IMO and provides a win/win for the people ordering as well as the dealers. I ordered my loaded L2 truck exactly 9 weeks ago today at $9k below and the dealer provided price protection. The week after I ordered the MSRP went up $3k, so I’m now at $12k under MSRP. Buying a truck for that price that typically brings MSRP to ~$20k ADM offers multiple options when it arrives, though I plan to keep and enjoy it for a while. I unfortunately have little faith at this point that the Raptor R will actually materialize, but if it does I’ll likely be a buyer..

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on when my TRX arrives I will likely keep the Raptor as well. Koons in VA has joined a few other smart RAM dealers who are offering $10-11k off MSRP on any TRX, and some are also offering price protection in the event there are price increases prior to delivery. ‘Sold’ orders are prioritized over dealer stock orders and those dealers are betting that some percentage of the sold orders will fall through prior to delivery allowing the dealers to sell at MSRP or even over. Smart move on the Dealers part IMO and provides a win/win for the people ordering as well as the dealers. I ordered my loaded L2 truck exactly 9 weeks ago today at $9k below and the dealer provided price protection. The week after I ordered the MSRP went up $3k, so I’m now at $12k under MSRP. Buying a truck for that price that typically brings MSRP to ~$20k ADM offers multiple options when it arrives, though I plan to keep and enjoy it for a while. I unfortunately have little faith at this point that the Raptor R will actually materialize, but if it does I’ll likely be a buyer..

Which koons did you order from? I may consider switching to TRX depending on how long it takes to get my raptor. Ordered one last week and have not gotten a confirmation number yet. Wondering if the dealership has an allocation. I'm gonna give it another week...if I don't get one I'll look at getting a TRX if I can get 9-10k under MSRP