Anything Coming from Fox?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello, It seems the suspension threads for the Gen3 are no where near the gen2 and Gen1. Just collars and how to fit 37s.

For those of us who like to continue to modify thier already awesome truck, has anyone heard of any aftermarket springs or shocks coming from fox? Cannot wait to see how they perform with a Fox Racing setup with the Linked rear. I know how big an improvement shocks make on the Gen2, and am waiting to hear about upgrades to the Gen3

Last edited:

dannym2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed gen 2 Fox Factory Race 3.0 Live Valves up front last weekend. They bolted right in, with zero travel loss that I can tell. You do lose travel with the rears which is why I am waiting for the gen 3 specific kit for the rears. The ride with the new shocks up front is incredible.

JTN

Reaction score
Installed gen 2 Fox Factory Race 3.0 Live Valves up front last weekend. They bolted right in, with zero travel loss that I can tell. You do lose travel with the rears which is why I am waiting for the gen 3 specific kit for the rears. The ride with the new shocks up front is incredible.
Are there any electronics issues at all or is it really just bolt right in? Just asking because if I remember right the GEN 3 shocks updated at different rates than the GEN 2 shocks do.

CSP

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello.
Did you have the front end clunk before the new shocks? Did it go away?

thanks,
Cory

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are there any electronics issues at all or is it really just bolt right in? Just asking because if I remember right the GEN 3 shocks updated at different rates than the GEN 2 shocks do.

The Gen 2 Fox FRS live valves work with the DSC and E-Clik controllers, which both operate at 500hz vs the 300hz of the Gen 3, so it should work just fine.

OP
OP
FordPerf Addict

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
hearing rumors fox is working on new shocks for the gen3 this winter. can anyone confirm?