Anyone worried about the gearing of the 37s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the 10 speed auto and a powerful engine, itll be fine. The only real advantage now for a higher ratio is more torque at a dead stop, i.e. rock crawling. These trucks werent built for crawling on rocks like jeeps because of the lack of ground clearance and size of the vehicle. But with 37s you'll be able to take bigger hoops running on trails like the truck was built for.

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 gen2 with 35‘s and my next door neighbor has a 2019 Gen2 with 37’s…both K02’s. I can tell a difference back to back….I think the weight of the tire affects the performance more than the circumference of the wheels…I’m not a tire engineer so this is my opinion. That being said…I don’t think its a cause for any concern…The change I noticed was slight hesitation and that the transmission would be in 9th versus 10th in more driving sitauctions…as others have said…it has adequate torque and 10 speeds so its not a deficit or a negative …just the slightest difference in day to day driving that may bother the most OCD type personality (my wife says this is me…lol). I have a 2021 392 rubicon that came with 32’s and I replaced with 35’s…again I noticed a difference but it has adequate torque and 8 speeds so …it doesn’t make for a negative driving experience. I interested to see how the 2021-2022 Rubicon 392 with factory 35’s and a higher rear end will drive….I think the performance will mostly be noticed off-road…Off Road , I worry a little about the Dana 44’s lifespan with the 35’s…Cheers —My .02 cents

raptor_35

Reaction score
I’ve driven the raptor 37 and the raptor 35 and ended up buying the raptor 35 because the raptor 37 felt noticeably more sluggish and turning was heavier.

I have the same 37” tires from the raptor on my jeep and you can’t event notice them. So I do think the raptor needs to be regeared for bigger tires.

raptor_35

Reaction score
I have a 2018 gen2 with 35‘s and my next door neighbor has a 2019 Gen2 with 37’s…both K02’s. I can tell a difference back to back….I think the weight of the tire affects the performance more than the circumference of the wheels…I’m not a tire engineer so this is my opinion. That being said…I don’t think its a cause for any concern…The change I noticed was slight hesitation and that the transmission would be in 9th versus 10th in more driving sitauctions…as others have said…it has adequate torque and 10 speeds so its not a deficit or a negative …just the slightest difference in day to day driving that may bother the most OCD type personality (my wife says this is me…lol). I have a 2021 392 rubicon that came with 32’s and I replaced with 35’s…again I noticed a difference but it has adequate torque and 8 speeds so …it doesn’t make for a negative driving experience. I interested to see how the 2021-2022 Rubicon 392 with factory 35’s and a higher rear end will drive….I think the performance will mostly be noticed off-road…Off Road , I worry a little about the Dana 44’s lifespan with the 35’s…Cheers —My .02 cents

You have the stronger Dana 44s and 35: will be fine. Guys run 37s and 40s with those axles just have to be easy on the skinny pedal with that v8