Anyone worried about the gearing of the 37s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muditup

Reaction score
I would wager if you drove them back to back, there would be a noticeable difference. Probably won't matter much in the big scheme.
I’ve done it with 2 identical duramax pickups. One with 20” 265 all seasons and the other with 18” 285 duratracks. Note, I’m sure the duratracks weighed more. I own one truck and my friend owns the other, and the truck with the 18” is notably quicker! So if you think there is going to be no notable difference, your going to be disappointed. It for this exact reason I ordered 35’s.

RGB

Reaction score
That’s fair. After watching his video I just figured he knew a hell of a lot more on Raptors than me. Let’s just hope the Ford engineers know what they are doing.
Just a thought, think of all the gen 2 raptors out there with 37’s. Have you seen a thread of a ton of people complaining about the gear ratio on their tucks? Nope we haven’t, and it’s probably because it’s a non issue. Is it ideal, prob not, but it doesn’t seem to be a issue that has kept people from enjoying their gen 2’s with 37’s and there are a lot of them out there. For those who either have 35’s and are going to add 37’s and those who ordered a 37, I’m pretty sure we all are going to have a blast. At least I hope you guys (and gals) do!

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s going to be a dog compared to standard Raptor.

Attachments

• 3AA50A07-2AD5-4113-A04B-E8F11FDD4542.png
    3AA50A07-2AD5-4113-A04B-E8F11FDD4542.png
    252.5 KB · Views: 56

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I watch a lot of Keep It Dirty Off-Road vids. And when he complained about that I thought it was funny, that NOW that’s his concern. But he didn’t have that concern when he put 37’s on his gen 2, after all the trimming and cutting he did to add them. Sounds more like someone who is trying to convince themselves to be happy with his gen 1 that he just brought. For the record I overall enjoy his vids. But you have to read between the lines with that guy.
You just said exactly what I was thinking. He also said something about the 35 and 37 seats being the same shape just the coverings were different, wth is this guy talking about!!

RGB

Reaction score
You just said exactly what I was thinking. He also said something about the 35 and 37 seats being the same shape just the coverings were different, wth is this guy talking about!!
I sense it’s him just trying to comfort himself. It made no sense to me that he had brought up all these NEW complaints. I think that stems from him loosing a fight with Ford after beating up his truck repeatedly. But again I do enjoy watching his vids. I‘ve learned quite a bit about this truck through him. I just think his expectations are a little high at times. It’s still pretty much a factory truck, it‘s not the actual baja trucked used to win the race.

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sense it’s him just trying to comfort himself. It made no sense to me that he had brought up all these NEW complaints. I think that stems from him loosing a fight with Ford after beating up his truck repeatedly. But again I do enjoy watching his vids. I‘ve learned quite a bit about this truck through him. I just think his expectations are a little high at times. It’s still pretty much a factory truck, it‘s not the actual baja trucked used to win the race.
I agree with all that you just said. I like detail and he goes into pretty good detail when he does work on his truck. I also like it when people give you a little extra advice because sometimes wrenching on a vehicle can get a little tricky.