Anyone with king Shocks around NYC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fitzyro

Reaction score
Does anyone have king rear shocks installed around the New York city area ?

I have them and mine sounds extremely loud, Like I'm driving around a truck with the bed full of scrap metal. I'm been told that they are suppose to sound like this but theres no way I'm believing anyone would put these on a truck if that was the case.

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have king rear shocks installed around the New York city area ?

I have them and mine sounds extremely loud, Like I'm driving around a truck with the bed full of scrap metal. I'm been told that they are suppose to sound like this but theres no way I'm believing anyone would put these on a truck if that was the case.

I've heard thats how they are as well. i believe they are for extreme offroadding as the tappets are loud as the open and close during compression. i had icons and after some heavy offloading in pa they sounded like that but they were quite on the road.

OP
OP
fitzyro

fitzyro

Reaction score
I have heard that there is a clicking noise but this isn't a clicking noise. What i'm hearing is serious steel banging around.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from your front end or from your rear end?

very disheatening to hear..... been seeing a lot of issues on the forums with these King's lately, making noises and springs not sitting correctly and hitting the struts them self. Making me really consider going with the Fox 3.0s instead.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Kings. No audible noise on the street and only offroad when you’d expect it. You have an issue. If its upfront check the spring they have rubbed on a occasion

Attachments

• E275F278-888D-4F61-AC10-07F321D433E2.jpg
    E275F278-888D-4F61-AC10-07F321D433E2.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
fitzyro

fitzyro

Reaction score
from your front end or from your rear end?

very disheatening to hear..... been seeing a lot of issues on the forums with these King's lately, making noises and springs not sitting correctly and hitting the struts them self. Making me really consider going with the Fox 3.0s instead.

I have the rubbing up front but I'm getting a new coil sent out from kings that I have to pay for.

I have Kings. No audible noise on the street and only offroad when you’d expect it. You have an issue. If its upfront check the spring they have rubbed on a occasion

If it hit a man hole cover or a bit of a pot hole my truck sound like I have steel plates jumping around the bed, Shocks were sent to kings for examination and the sent them back saying they are fine. Not buying it, I see a lot of people online saying kings are taking no responsibility for any faulty shit the send out

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My rear shocks are loud. It’s the tappets.
It’s much more then a clicking sound but completely normal.

My Kings are no louder then my fox’s on my gen1.

If you have rubbing on the front coils check the spacing / center of the coil on the coil bucket. There’s not a lot of clearance. But this is what you get with a true 3.0” internal diameter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deuceman

Reaction score
Did you get anywhere with this? I installed Kings and they sound terrible. Rear sounds like a the metallic shifting sound and the front is loud as well.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you get anywhere with this? I installed Kings and they sound terrible. Rear sounds like a the metallic shifting sound and the front is loud as well.

I adjusted the spacing on the coil over. It was shifted to one side.

Now there is no noise.

The rears are normal. Tappets opening and closing. Nothing can be done about it.

Any external bypass shock will have the same noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
This is ****** to hear, I’m definitely going Fox I haven’t heard of any issues with them on gen 2’s