GEN 1 Anyone with a frame cut bumper have issues with your insurance company?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CIB2007

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As the title states, I’ve been looking into a frame cut bumper for my Gen1. Since more and more people are installing them. Has anyone had any issues with your insurance company? I know each state is different, I live in TX so has anyone tweaked their frame at a “Run” or had an accident and have had a claim denied?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke with the owner of a dealer, this dealer considers cutting the frame the same as frame damage. I was also told by a friend that works for Carmax, he said they won't buy a cut frame Raptor for the same reason.

It could come down to what insurance agent/company, but for me it's not worth the risk.

With all that said I think I'm the minority because I see so many Raptors with cut frame bumpers and they do look soooo good!

OP
OP
C

CIB2007

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spoke with the owner of a dealer, this dealer considers cutting the frame the same as frame damage. I was also told by a friend that works for Carmax, he said they won't buy a cut frame Raptor for the same reason.

It could come down to what insurance agent/company, but for me it's not worth the risk.

With all that said I think I'm the minority because I see so many Raptors with cut frame bumpers and they do look soooo good!

Same, my local agent said if I did cut the frame then they wouldn’t cover it for damages. So ill keep my oem for awhile.