Anyone want to own up to this one

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Huh. I hear what you guys are saying, but lets (for the sake of argument) say that the wave front never crested over 30", and that the tide is as it is shown in the picture... basically lets pretend what we see is how it went down and that he was out of there in a reasonable amount of time.

Ya really think that's a total? If salt water was so devastating, wouldn't the Raptor supplement call out "Fresh" water in its section regarding "Water wading"? Seems to me the Ford lawyers would be much smarter than to leave off the word "fresh" and/or a warning about salt water, and leave themselves wide open to lawsuit for just having said "water"?

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Oh and if that's seaweed... yah, dude's done for :p

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen trucks start having major electrical problems in just a week or 2 after sitting in salt water & cancer forming after just a year.
That looks like the "river" crossing @ Pismo Beach......@ low tide.
We like to go down there @ high tide to watch all the "challenged" drivers try to make it across & there are a lot of these pictures out there.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Salt Water + Raptor = Pickled Raptor!

And yea..I hope the tide wasn't about to come in...

Nacho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OUCH. That sucks. I agree with J. If he would have keep the splash to a minimum, he could have crossed it. Obviously the sand gave out..bummer

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OUCH. That sucks. I agree with J. If he would have keep the splash to a minimum, he could have crossed it. Obviously the sand gave out..bummer

At minimum both diffs and transfer case need their fluid replaced, motor oil needs to be replaced, all the bearings should be checked. As far as the trans its needs to be taken out and pulled apart for inspection to insure at the clutch packs didn't get wet.

Ranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is this any different than driving in Canada? All our roads and highways are covered with salt or salt brine all winter long. From December to April your wipers are almost always on from the salt water spray from the car ahead of you. Imagine driving in a salt water rain storm almost every day for 4 months a year, that's what's it's like in northern climates and our cars do just fine.

Nacho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Subscribing to this thread. Hoping some duurp gets on and claims this. You figure if you give it a good wash after you get if out you'd be fine. I figure road salt would be disastrous as well. I always hosed it off after getting home.

-----
Sent from my iPhone thingy