Anyone want to own up to this one

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ignoring that hideous wreath for a second, isn't the Raptor's wade line 30"? Assuming he kept the wave front down, he's gonna be fine, no?

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dunno guys. I'm not seeing any blown anything here. Again assuming he kept the wave front down and didnt allow the water to splash up over the air box, the Raptor will handle that water with no trouble (I've done it.)

It looks to me like the only reason he's stopped is the sand gave out under the tires and the axle is grounded.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Ignoring that hideous wreath for a second, isn't the Raptor's wade line 30"? Assuming he kept the wave front down, he's gonna be fine, no?

I dunno guys. I'm not seeing any blown anything here. Again assuming he kept the wave front down and didnt allow the water to splash up over the air box, the Raptor will handle that water with no trouble (I've done it.)

It looks to me like the only reason he's stopped is the sand gave out under the tires and the axle is grounded.

IF it's salt water...all bets are off at that point. Having half your truck in salt water like that is not a good thing.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh no doubt. For the long run.

But for a few minutes? Or even an hour as you wait for a tow? No problem. Just like the guys in the north who drive salted roads all winter, he'll have to get very very busy with the pressure washer after to blast away that salt before it has a chance to start corroding exposed metal (although if you look at our undersides we've got anti corrosion coatings over everything). And he'll probably want to change the diff fluid just in case some got in there.

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Salt water dip like that is a "one & done" moment.
Insurance company will total it, if they get wind of it.
Probably sea weed on his grill! :Violin:

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you also dont know if it was there over a tide change could have been deeper an soaked the engine bay an you know that slat water isnt friendly.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I bet he was there for longer than an hour. His axle, hubs, front suspension components, frame, brakes all submerged for a long time in salt water. Driving in wet sand with salt water in it is bad enough. Taking a bath in it....bad news.