Anyone using Thule/Yakima Crossbar set with RetraxPRO XR & RTT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTK59

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Mexico, it ain't "new" & it ain't "mexico"
Looking to build-off of the Retrax PRO XR by adding (low profile) crossbars and eventually RTT. Not sure if this is the right direction (weight capcity). Not planning to leave the RTT on 24/7... wanted a removable, versatile crossbars that can be use for other things besides RTT. See FrontRunner load racks, and seem great but not sure if there are other viable solutions?

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rhino Rack sounds like the route you want to go, it’s the only truly quickly removable option. Where just the feet are left attached to the rails. I had this setup with the aero bars but if I did it again I would get the “heavy duty” bars. They have the exact same load ratings but the heavy duty bars flex a little less.

I would caution though that no matter what you put on top, the Retrax rails are really not the best option if you go off-roading beyond a dirt road. This is why I’m actually in the process of switching my whole setup right now. I got KB VooDoo crossbars and am waiting on the Truxedo Truxport. Trust me from somebody who’s stress tested it, Retrax t slot rails are not very robust.

Attachments

• C6074C24-DBB2-4ED8-B0AE-A455E2B956D6.jpeg
    C6074C24-DBB2-4ED8-B0AE-A455E2B956D6.jpeg
    220.4 KB · Views: 64
OP
OP
CTK59

CTK59

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Mexico, it ain't "new" & it ain't "mexico"
THANKS! Although do not disagree (Retrax) - it's where I am now and need to stop procrastinating about the perfect gear/setup and get out there. Most likely I will upgrade also.. The photo ... are you running air compressor or cylinder? Currently have a 10lb cylinder but also toying with changing that up; especially since have ProPower.

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THANKS! Although do not disagree (Retrax) - it's where I am now and need to stop procrastinating about the perfect gear/setup and get out there. Most likely I will upgrade also.. The photo ... are you running air compressor or cylinder? Currently have a 10lb cylinder but also toying with changing that up; especially since have ProPower.
ARB twin compressor, I have an auxiliary battery setup in the bed that it runs off. Yea if you’re going to keep it, go rhino rack for low profile and quick removal of the whole rack setup. This is the only pic I could find showing the rack removed but if you zoom in you can see the little feet still on there.

Attachments

• C78254BE-C835-4DC8-8457-4285D6ED02F9.jpeg
    C78254BE-C835-4DC8-8457-4285D6ED02F9.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 40