GEN 2 Anyone using BOV on 2017 ford raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canamds450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey i found this BOV on the web and dont know if that part will fit on my 2017 ford raptor

Turbosmart Blow Off Valve TS-0215-1367

hmgt3

Reaction score
Hey i found this BOV on the web and dont know if that part will fit on my 2017 ford raptor

Turbosmart Blow Off Valve TS-0215-1367
It works. I have it installed. Nice and loud. Only issue is the MAP adapter that I received from 5Star tuning didn't fit right. Had to be modified. I've asked them to send me one that will fit. Haven't heard back.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

chi_weezy

Reaction score
It works. I have it installed. Nice and loud. Only issue is the MAP adapter that I received from 5Star tuning didn't fit right. Had to be modified. I've asked them to send me one that will fit. Haven't heard back.

Where did you install yours? I don't have my truck yet but I was reading about the best place to install a vta bov and that was on the cold side of the intercooler iirc. Which may also help release any condensation.

Have you had any hesitation issues? Before or after install?

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you install yours? I don't have my truck yet but I was reading about the best place to install a vta bov and that was on the cold side of the intercooler iirc. Which may also help release any condensation.

Good questions, also did you get everything from 5 star? Was it supposed to be a bolt on kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmgt3

Reaction score

No hesitation whatsoever. Mine was installed in the same location as the recirculating valve on the intercooler. Same as stock.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

Good questions, also did you get everything from 5 star? Was it supposed to be a bolt on kit?

Yes. Everything you need comes in the box from 5star. All bolt on. Only issue like I mentioned before is the map adaptor. It looks like on the 2017 trucks or at least the Raptors the hole in manifold is a little smaller. So the adaptor doesn't fit right.

OP
OP
C

canamds450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a installation video and it appears there is no need of a custom tuning for it.
The kit supply a bypass wire and sensor adapter
d24a7e8dfed9274920426dd706f85ded.jpg

https://youtu.be/zwimsnW_jbs

I m gettimg a custom tune from TeamJDM best tuner on the east coast
SCT xcal 4 will be out for f150 ford raptors a mid july probabbly
Will be installing
-AFE non catted downpipe 48-43020-HN
-Magnum force stage II 54-12882-H
-corsa catbacks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm about to order this from 5 star, I'm waiting to hear from them if they have fixed the MAP Adapter.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No hesitation whatsoever. Mine was installed in the same location as the recirculating valve on the intercooler. Same as stock.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

Yes. Everything you need comes in the box from 5star. All bolt on. Only issue like I mentioned before is the map adaptor. It looks like on the 2017 trucks or at least the Raptors the hole in manifold is a little smaller. So the adaptor doesn't fit right.

Do you have to remove the IC to install this or is it just easier? If I have to remove it I'll probably throw a new IC in while the old is out.

hmgt3

Reaction score
Do you have to remove the IC to install this or is it just easier? If I have to remove it I'll probably throw a new IC in while the old is out.

I had mine removed. It is much easier that way. I think I read somewhere it possible to do it with the IC on.
My next mod will be to change my IC too. Looking at AFE.