Anyone use a truck cover for outside parking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pitboss02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in Cali and my LFG Raptor doesn't fit in the garage. Without shade, I worry about long term sun damage. Anyone use a truck cover to try and slow down the sun? Recommendations?

I have the truck PPF'd, Ceramic coated, and all windows tinted to help, but wondering if I should invest in a cover for the sun!

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cover on such a big vehicle seems like a pain to me, but depends how much you drive it. Ppf, good ceramic coating, ceramic window tint all help a lot. As long as you keep a good ceramic topper on the coating you should be fine. I think a windshield shade is good too to keep the sun off the dash.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it means that much to ya, could try the first option in the below link. Found this in another thread btw.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would worry about dragging the cover over dirt and dust and scratching the truck more than I'd worry about the sun. Use a good coating or similar that has some UV protection and call it a day.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I'm in Cali and my LFG Raptor doesn't fit in the garage. Without shade, I worry about long term sun damage. Anyone use a truck cover to try and slow down the sun? Recommendations?

I have the truck PPF'd, Ceramic coated, and all windows tinted to help, but wondering if I should invest in a cover for the sun!
I'm in a similar situation. Paint has held up, keep it ceramic coated, good windshield sunshade, tinted windshield and all. However my last Bakflip faded bad and got it replaced under warranty. Now the clear coat on my carbon fiber hood vent is completely gone and will need to be clear coated again. The sun does take it's toll and I have no nearby shade.

My solar panels are do well though.

Jester777z

Reaction score
Similar situation - going back to work soon, and my truck will be at the airport for days. Wanting a good cover that can fit snugly, and deal with potential winds.

Truck is in the drive otherwise, partial shade from a tree but that’s it.

Jscott93

Reaction score
I use a cover though they are hard to find. The one in use is from carcoverstore.com and it is too small. I am waiting on a replacement from them. Carcover.com was out of stock. Others do not have one that fits. If the replacement is too small again I will try the Carrhart brand but the cost is outrageous.

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though Im parked in the garage 95% of the time, sometimes with travel or at a job site I use a cover for keeping tree sap or bird s**t off. Sun takes its toll eventually so I would cover it for sure.