Anyone try these steering wheel covers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JorgesRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on the suede material I guess, my wife’s 335i has the alcantara steering wheel and that things is holding up nice still looks brand new

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had two from them so far, one for the ranger and one for this truck. Ranger had a suede/perf leather and this one has that carbon thing/perf leather.
Leather imo feels better than stock and they give you everything you need to make it fit. Two notes, they do take like a month to make and send you it, and you need to stitch it on (youtube vids helped me, and ive never sewn in my life before).
For the money its pretty nice.

edit: You do not need to take off the wheel or anything, it just goes over the existing wheel and you tuck in the excess.
1666416259961.png

OP
OP
screaminfast

screaminfast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had two from them so far, one for the ranger and one for this truck. Ranger had a suede/perf leather and this one has that carbon thing/perf leather.
Leather imo feels better than stock and they give you everything you need to make it fit. Two notes, they do take like a month to make and send you it, and you need to stitch it on (youtube vids helped me, and ive never sewn in my life before).
For the money its pretty nice.

edit: You do not need to take off the wheel or anything, it just goes over the existing wheel and you tuck in the excess.
View attachment 376944

Ok so it goes right over the old leather? Doesn’t replace the current leather?

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so it goes right over the old leather? Doesn’t replace the current leather?
Doesnt replace, just slides over, not much thicker and a tiny bit little more padding

Attachments

• DE0106B4-0A07-4D7C-BC9F-54E87EC4C8DB.jpeg
    DE0106B4-0A07-4D7C-BC9F-54E87EC4C8DB.jpeg
    232.2 KB · Views: 44

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’ve not seen that cover, and generally don’t like the inexpensive covers. That one looks a little more secure and seems to fit in well in the truck interior.

That said, you can recover the center stripe with a little Rit dye. Just be careful when you handle the dye, make sure every possible place it could splash is well covered and protected, including you and your clothes because, well, it’s dye for a reason.

OP
OP
screaminfast

screaminfast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve not seen that cover, and generally don’t like the inexpensive covers. That one looks a little more secure and seems to fit in well in the truck interior.

That said, you can recover the center stripe with a little Rit dye. Just be careful when you handle the dye, make sure every possible place it could splash is well covered and protected, including you and your clothes because, well, it’s dye for a reason.

I didn't even think about trying rit dye. Thanks for the tip. It looks like you can get replacement steering wheels for pretty cheap anyways if I had to go that route.

Tommysyko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback. Its been popping up on all the social media algorithms as well. I've had a strong feeling towards the carbon (maybe the red carbon) and perforated leather.