GEN 2 Anyone tried Roush Performance Packages???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So Wednesday morning my Roush Level 1 Kit was installed.

My observations are as follows:

1. I can definitely notice the increase in HP & Torque, not a significant increase but moderate.
2. I did notice more crisp shifting, and have noticed a decrease in nuisance shifting. I have tested this at highway speeds and at interstate speeds, nuisance downshifting is much better.
3. All around mpg is 15.4, which i haven’t noticed a change in either direction. I have run 93octane since it was pulled off the lot new, just a personal preference.
4. For the ones worried about 0-60 times, i’m sure it’s better but really don’t care. If i wanted a street racer i wouldn’t bought a raptor.
5. Town & Country Ford in Madison Tn. installed for $1201 tax and out the door, seemed very professional.

JMO

So you would recommend it to others, it sounds like?

Any particular part of the RPM range you notice better than others, or is it just in general improved throughout?

I’m still curious how does the Roush warranty work? Do you know have a 3/36 vs a 5/60 if a failure occurs that is traced back to the tuning?

Sounds like a nice upgrade though.

Gensupt

Reaction score
Yes I would recommend based on my experiences. The biggest notice for me was at highway speeds of 55-60 mph, I always set my cruise around 59 or 60 on small state road heading to work each morning. When I hit a hill before my truck would downshift from 10-8 everyday, I tried it at 60 the day after my roush package was installed and that time it never downshifted, the next morning I slowed down to 55 and it did shift from 10-9 gear. I was running in Normal Mode. I played around with it in sport mode yesterday and I can definitely tell a difference. I am NO warranty expert, I just did the upgrade and will cross that bridge with my preferred dealer if I have a problem. I had a 2014 6.2L with roush supercharger bolted on for three years and I never had an issue with it. Personally I think the roush packages are a little more reserved than others, so I felt better about using their products again. It was just a personal decision based upon previous experiences.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
There warranty doesn’t seem to cover anything more than there products. Does NOT cover anything OEM like the motor if it grenades. Bottom line not tune it if your worried about warranty work.
View media item 14745

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bottom line is, it depends on your relationship with your dealer. If you want excellent service you have to build that relationship with a dealer. Cheaper is not always better.

That is true to an extent but not in the event of a serious warranty issue such as a failure of a major powertrain component. The manufacturer will typically send out a Field Service Engineer in those cases, who will then make the final determination in regards to warranty. The FSE also has a direct line to the engineering, so they can send in data logs from the vehicle to determine the extent of the modifications and the probable cause of the failure.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There warranty doesn’t seem to cover anything more than there products. Does NOT cover anything OEM like the motor if it grenades. Bottom line not tune it if your worried about warranty work.
View media item 14745

I agree, it only lists there installed components. So they offer a 3/36 on a tune, Airbox and an exhaust system. I don’t see any of these things failing all that often. So the Powerpack warranty is really of little added value all things considered.

I guess if you want a milder tune that behaves more like OEM, this may be an option.

Gensupt

Reaction score
This is an excellent discussion about warranty which is important, but my original question before all this warranty discussion really did not get answered. I would still like to hear some other opinions on their experiences with this install. Something other than about warranty!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This may sound stupid, but since a tune is not hardware. What does the dealership provide you to show you the code has been installed as compared to the stock programming previously? Is there a piece of documentation that shows this post install? If you wanted to remove it, the dealer ultimately has to do this as well correct?

I only ask, as all the other tunes you purchase are installed via a third party programmer you must purchase.