GEN 2 Anyone tried Roush Performance Packages???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

subzero05

Reaction score
Ran into one guy with a Roush tune, he didn't seem impressed with it and in fact I think had added a piggy tuner on top of it that he seemed pleased with

BDF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did he have on it piggy back?

Mine isnt knocking my socks off either.

CanuckRaptor

Reaction score
I see it listed for 2015-2017, and then 2019 - 2020. Did i miss something or is 2018 compatible too? I don't think anything changed for the engine from 17-20. Can some one confirm? my dealer says they can install it, but their parts listed for 19-20 raptor, and they aren't sure either.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I see it listed for 2015-2017, and then 2019 - 2020. Did i miss something or is 2018 compatible too? I don't think anything changed for the engine from 17-20. Can some one confirm? my dealer says they can install it, but their parts listed for 19-20 raptor, and they aren't sure either.

Is your Dealer Roush certified or a Roush dealer for that matter? I think to get the 3/36 warranty it has to be installed by one. At least this was my understanding when I explored this option.

CanuckRaptor

Reaction score
They are Roush certified, and also the reason I want to go Roush tune is to have the warranty

Bbran

Reaction score

Did you ever determine if the roush tune can be put on the 2018 model?

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Did you ever determine if the roush tune can be put on the 2018 model?

Unfortunately, they never did the tuning for the 2018 model.

However, we do have them in stock now for the 2019/2020 model Raptors. Everyone else is out and Roush is backordered 2-3 months.
We have 4 left I believe for the 19-20 Raptor and 4 for the new Ranger.

https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...150-raptor-3-5l-roush-performance-pac-level-1

We also have a new program where you, the consumer can flash tune the truck yourself. You do not need to take it to a dealer for that anymore with our program.
Here is how it works. You rent our specific laptop and OBD2 usb interface module. You pay the security deposit up front, but when you return it, you get most all of it back. It primarily pays for the shipping both ways, and general maintenance on the equipment. The laptop will have the tuning software and instructions icons in the center of the desktop.

John
317-93-GOSPV
[email protected]

Last edited:

craigtmiller

Reaction score
If you refer to some of my previous posts in this thread and this, hopefully it should put you at ease. I can give you this as my background. I worked for Ford for 20 years. I sold Roush vehicles at a Ford dealership as well as Roush parts for 11 years. I now work direct with Roush and train their dealership.
there is a lot of misinformation out there pertaining to warranty. Some is based on fact on something, but not on another.

So, what you heard is sort of right. This is one of the issues even some dealership personnel don’t understand. This is some of what I cover when I train Ford/Roush dealers.

Roush is a key engineering supplier for Ford Motor company. They build motors for Ford, Superchargers, put together fixes for recall issues sometimes, etc. To Ford, they are in the circle of trust. By engineering standards, they also follow the same safety guidelines and have access to the same engineering equipment. However, Ford only warranties their own stock components for defect and failure.
Here is the key though. Ford will
Not and cannot legally void your warranty for modifying your vehicle. Period. They can though, deny a claim. Just like medical insurance. They can say, this prescription isn’t covered, but these others are. Why would they be able to deny a claim? Because they determine the aftermarket component caused an item to fail.
Now, to come to that determination on a Roush component is less likely than say a bullydog tune. They can still deny either if they feel it wasn’t their fault.
Here are the key takeaways though..
1: It is less likely to have an issue with a Roush upgrade vs someone else simply because of the engineering behind it. It’s the same engineering and safety that is used for Ford direct.
2: if you do have a failure that is connected to the Roush component and Ford does deny the claim, Roush will step in for the 3/36 warranty.

Your last concern was your 8 year Ford ESP warranty. Again, regardless of what you hear out there which is also very mixed, Ford ESP specifically states it does not cover Roush, Saleen, or Shelby American as well as all other “Modified” vehicles. Here is the thing though. The only time you’d expect a denied claim again, is if the failed component was not Ford or was associated to the non Ford part. Many dealerships though have ignorantly sold Ford ESP on New Roush vehicles without even reading the details. It’s actually stunning how uniformed many dealerships really are about the products they sell.

So, you have a couple options. If you put anything at all on your vehicle, your ESP coverage will not be 100% compliant, but it also won’t be useless.
You can cancel your Ford ESP and get a like warranty through a company Roush has contracted with for the same coverage and that would also without question cover any Roush component the full term. 8 years or however long you choose. If you want info on that warranty, just send me a message.

The last thing I think you wanted to know was does the Roush power pack make as much power as other companies. In some cases as much, in others less. The key though isn’t about just making more power. It’s about making safe dependable power. You don’t want to break things. So for peace of mind, I’d recommend the Roush Power pack. I’ve driven many Raptors and other vehicles with them. They run and drive just like oem, but with more power. Many aftermarket tunes lose the clean drivability after a tune.

in addition to training Roush dealers (which I agreed to with Roush at their request from my 20 years experience with Ford and 11 with Roush at the dealership level) I also have a web store (hence the name SPVparts) Where you can purchase the power pack and many other items. Just visit spvparts.com

I hope this helps.

John
Hey john I was looking into stage 1 kit roush on my 2022 ford raptor 37 pack coming in next week. Originally I was just gonna get the eight year Ford warranty but then I saw that with this package it’s through Roush And for $1000 plus install you get almost 60 hp and almost 80 pounds of torque which I’d really like to do. I’m in the car business but with your Ford experience and roush experience do you believe it’s a better idea to just keep the car stock and go with the 8 year 100,000 warranty or get the roush package. first did they even make one for the 2022 yet? also do you believe the truck will be just as reliable with the intake and tune and is there any aftermarket warranty to go with the roush tune that’s actually going to cover the vehicle if I have the roush package stage one? I do know with all the electronics and being an American made car it’s probably not a good idea to have no warranty on it if I’m going to keep keeping it for many years. I’m a finance manager and sell warranties for a living at a Toyota dealership so I do believe in having the warranty please let me know thanks for your time!