GEN 2 Anyone tried Roush Performance Packages???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaveRseattle

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just bought a 2019 Raptor last week. I bought the 7 year 100k mile extended warranty with it. Having done that I’m nervous about tuning it, but I’m dying to do it.

I checked with Roush Performance and asked if I purchase their stage 1 package (which is the airbox and tune) if it would void my warranty. I also asked if it made a difference if I had it installed at a Ford dealership vs doing it myself. Here’s what they said “If you install the intake we will still honor the warranty, but if you get the performance pack the tune would need to be installed at a Roush authorized dealership. We also have a raptor exhaust available, which also comes in the performance pack 2.”

I’m just starting to do my research, but most info I’ve found on this forum thus far shows that people seem to be installing tunes and not worrying about warranty???

This Roush website claims the Performance Pac Level 1 “Adds 71 horsepower and 55 ft-lb torque over the stock 3.5L EcoBoost F-150 and 57 horsepower and 73 ft-lb torque over the stock 3.5L (HO) Raptor” This package is $995. *I still have to see what the dealer will charge for installation.

If I’m looking to be on the safe side warranty wise, is this a good avenue? Or do the other tunes offer a lot more for the money?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

88BF73DC-CB8A-4A13-8CD1-2327CC832150.jpeg

ArmyTanker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi - I have the Roush level 1 (no exhaust) on my 2019 and I really like it. I had a 2018 Raptor with the JB4 and it was good, possibly faster, but the Roush on the 2019 is so smooth. It smooths out the truck, even the shifting is better. Truck has noticeable power gains, really wakes the truck up. I am super happy with my purchase. Had it dealer installed. It does void your factory warranty and Roush picks up the three-year 36,000 mile warranty in its place. I also had purchased an Extended warranty and the dealer said that they would honor it regardless of the installation. All of that yet remains to be seen; however, I’m happy with the installation and the performance gains of the power pack and have absolutely no regrets of having installed, in fact, very happy I did.

TRUEFF

Reaction score
Hi - I have the Roush level 1 (no exhaust) on my 2019 and I really like it. I had a 2018 Raptor with the JB4 and it was good, possibly faster, but the Roush on the 2019 is so smooth. It smooths out the truck, even the shifting is better. Truck has noticeable power gains, really wakes the truck up. I am super happy with my purchase. Had it dealer installed. It does void your factory warranty and Roush picks up the three-year 36,000 mile warranty in its place. I also had purchased an Extended warranty and the dealer said that they would honor it regardless of the installation. All of that yet remains to be seen; however, I’m happy with the installation and the performance gains of the power pack and have absolutely no regrets of having installed, in fact, very happy I did.
Would you be willing to share what dealer you worked with for the installation? Thanks!

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys. I just bought a 2019 Raptor last week. I bought the 7 year 100k mile extended warranty with it. Having done that I’m nervous about tuning it, but I’m dying to do it.

I checked with Roush Performance and asked if I purchase their stage 1 package (which is the airbox and tune) if it would void my warranty. I also asked if it made a difference if I had it installed at a Ford dealership vs doing it myself. Here’s what they said “If you install the intake we will still honor the warranty, but if you get the performance pack the tune would need to be installed at a Roush authorized dealership. We also have a raptor exhaust available, which also comes in the performance pack 2.”

I’m just starting to do my research, but most info I’ve found on this forum thus far shows that people seem to be installing tunes and not worrying about warranty???

This Roush website claims the Performance Pac Level 1 “Adds 71 horsepower and 55 ft-lb torque over the stock 3.5L EcoBoost F-150 and 57 horsepower and 73 ft-lb torque over the stock 3.5L (HO) Raptor” This package is $995. *I still have to see what the dealer will charge for installation.

If I’m looking to be on the safe side warranty wise, is this a good avenue? Or do the other tunes offer a lot more for the money?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

View attachment 133799

As someone stated earlier ROUSH covers you with a 3/36 power train warranty.

To elaborate, your warranty in general is never “Voided” in entirety. What happens is this. You have a failure. They submit the warranty claim to Ford. Ford looks at what caused the failure. Was it their part alone? Or did an aftermarket part cause the Ford part to fail. If the aftermarket part caused the Ford part to fail, Ford would say... “we won’t cover this repair”.
If something breaks and it isn’t determined that the cause was an outside item that did it, then they fix it. They are actually required to by federal law. Manufacturers are not legally allowed to just go around voiding warranties because they use the excuse you installed aftermarket seat covers on the vehicle or something and therefore they can just void your warranty and avoid any responsibility. That’s where the Moss Magnuson Act came in which was passed by the government in the 70’s.
Now, that doesn’t mean you can blow up your motor and expect the manufacturer to pay for it. It’s pretty simple. If the blame can be placed on another vendors parts, Ford would say “no” to that particular repair. They can’t say no to every repair though or even future repairs if the vehicle was returned to original condition through a repair.
Here is what is nice about the ROUSH products. They offer a 3/36 power train warranty in the event Ford says “no”. In that case, it would fall back to Roush and you would have that coverage.
So, here is an example that while Ford has a 5/60 power train warranty included, and say you went past the 3/36 that ROUSH offered. That doesn’t mean you still wouldn’t have any coverage. Depending on what caused the failure, Ford may still cover the repair. It’s always worth submitting and making sure it’s denied. They moral to the story is, the fall back is that ROUSH is the only aftermarket company with tuning that backs a 3/36 warranty themselves... not a back woods warranty service contract. ROUSH backs the 3/36. Roush also uses the same engineering and tuning that Ford does as ROUSH works with Ford in many projects including original development on The Raptor, Shelby and Ford GT. So unlike other tuners, odds are, you’re safe and you won’t have any issues. Sure, others may claim more power... but that’s the key right? Wouldn't you rather have an upgrade from a company that works directly with Ford and knows the limits? Or an aftermarket one who is just putting tunes out? So if something does fail, odds are they won’t be related... therefore, warranty exclusions wouldn’t be an issue.

All that said, that’s correct. You can put the cold air kit on yourself.
The power pack with the tune however needs to be programmed with the same Ford equipment Ford uses by a dealership unless you want to remove the computer yourself and mail it to Roush. (Which is possible for a fee)

If you are interested in a Roush cold air kit and don’t have local walk in Roush dealer, you can buy it here on our site. From there, any Ford dealer can do the install and or tuning if you got the power pack version, or we can recommend one. You will get free shipping as well.

(only 17 and 19 right now for the tuning/power pack. I’ll verify if the 19 kit will work on a 20 for tuning, but 18 was skipped with the tuning (power pack) the cold air kit and exhaust will 100% work on all 17-20’s)

2017 Raptor power pack
https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...mance-pac-level-1?_pos=1&_sid=283288314&_ss=r

2019 Raptor power pack
https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...150-raptor-3-5l-roush-performance-pac-level-1

2019 Raptor if you want the power pack and exhaust
https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...2019-f-150-3-5l-roush-performance-pac-level-2

just the exhaust that will fit 17-20
https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...-back-exhaust-kit?_pos=1&_sid=9e7172bc4&_ss=r

17 if you just want the cold air kit-
https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...nd-3-5l-ecoboost-v6-roush-cold-air-intake-kit

18-20 if you just want the cold air kit-
https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...nd-3-5l-roush-ecoboost-v6-cold-air-intake-kit

Let me know if you have any questions-

info @ spvparts.com

Last edited:

Joe12345

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just beware, if you have mods it will give dealers the opportunity to make the claim that your mod was the reason. This poor guy smoked his front diff off-road, and his aftermarket springs (which is something we all do) were the dealers reason for denying his warranty repair.

Everyone says that it’s illegal for the dealer to just outright do this, but you’re gonna be the one having to put out the money initially for a lawyer to sort it out for you. Make sure you’re willing to play that game.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/think-i-blew-up-my-front-diff.71416/

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just beware, if you have mods it will give dealers the opportunity to make the claim that your mod was the reason. This poor guy smoked his front diff off-road, and his aftermarket springs (which is something we all do) were the dealers reason for denying his warranty repair.

Everyone says that it’s illegal for the dealer to just outright do this, but you’re gonna be the one having to put out the money initially for a lawyer to sort it out for you. Make sure you’re willing to play that game.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/think-i-blew-up-my-front-diff.71416/

He does have a point, **** poor dealers try to sometimes play the police. It isn’t their job to make those decisions or assumptions. There are 2 things you can do (and I worked at a Ford dealer for 21 years) first, if you get a bad vibe at a dealer, take your vehicle elsewhere. If they act like they don’t want to help you and you force them too, do you think they are really going to put in the effort? Nope. Second. If you feel you are being discriminated against by the dealership, (such as them not even applying for a
Warranty claim) google the Ford customer service number and file a complaint. The dealer will then have a “heat case complaint” they must solve within around 72 hours or so. If they get enough of these they will be penalized by Ford and ineligible for things like the presidents award and other benefits Ford gives that you don’t see.
If at the time you still don’t get resolution you can file for arbitration where by law a 3rd party can decide in your favor which is not a cost.
But if the dealer seems lazy or shady, go somewhere else. Either way, again, Roush parts are warrantied and guaranteed and backed. They use the same technology that ROUSH and Ford use together.

OP
OP
DaveRseattle

DaveRseattle

Reaction score
Update: So, when I called the dealer (Evergreen Ford in Issaquah, WA) they seemed confused when I asked for the Roush level 1 kit. Even though they are a Roush certified dealership. Someone ended up taking a message and calling me back. The guy told me that they couldn’t actually install the Roush level 1 package (airbox and tune) without voiding the warranty. They said this was because it’s not passed Emissions tests in states that coincide w California, which I gather Washington must be one of. He said this usually takes 3-6 months and that he will call me when it gets cleared. I’ve since been looking at tuners from other providers, they seem to be posting bigger HP and Torque numbers vs Roush. Maybe I need to look into options there, but I’m still nervous about the warranty.