Anyone thinking of going with a G3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mstgkillr

Reaction score
I currently have a 2020 802A with 20k miles... and I can't stop thinking about a G3. Anyone else?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I can stop thinking about Gen 3 anytime I want. Really !

I’m sure the gen 3 is a great truck. What do you think about the Gen 3 is going to improve the quality of your life that makes it worth the extra 30 grand or so you’ll need to fork over?

I’m sure the new suspension is great, but I’ve got a torque arm which as significantly improved Lucille’s sometimes misbehavior. Plus I’ve got about 2600 bucks in audio that, all due respect to the new b&o, I’m pretty confident my system is better.

Now, I wouldn’t mind refreshed electronics, but the bigger display means zip to me. Sure, it looks good but honestly if the whole sync system could be eliminated, I could do just fine with using the phone to navigate. I appreciate the nav integration into the vehicle but it’s not a deal maker or breaker for me. I would love the latest/greatest TCM programming, I detest when Lucille tries to take off in 3rd gear from a dead stop, or won’t down shift from 3rd after a sharp turn, even if I floor it. Of course, the new truck may do exactly the same, who knows.

Lines? I like both Gen2 and Gen3.

So, again I ask, how is the Gen3 going to make your truck owning life better?

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to make the change given an msrp purchase and good money on my 2020

OP
OP
M

Mstgkillr

Reaction score
I can stop thinking about Gen 3 anytime I want. Really !

I’m sure the gen 3 is a great truck. What do you think about the Gen 3 is going to improve the quality of your life that makes it worth the extra 30 grand or so you’ll need to fork over?

I’m sure the new suspension is great, but I’ve got a torque arm which as significantly improved Lucille’s sometimes misbehavior. Plus I’ve got about 2600 bucks in audio that, all due respect to the new b&o, I’m pretty confident my system is better.

Now, I wouldn’t mind refreshed electronics, but the bigger display means zip to me. Sure, it looks good but honestly if the whole sync system could be eliminated, I could do just fine with using the phone to navigate. I appreciate the nav integration into the vehicle but it’s not a deal maker or breaker for me. I would love the latest/greatest TCM programming, I detest when Lucille tries to take off in 3rd gear from a dead stop, or won’t down shift from 3rd after a sharp turn, even if I floor it. Of course, the new truck may do exactly the same, who knows.

Lines? I like both Gen2 and Gen3.

So, again I ask, how is the Gen3 going to make your truck owning life better?

Obviously, it's not going to improve my quality of life, but it's always nice to have nice new shiny things! If I can find one of these unicorn dealers that only charge MSRP, I could make the jump for about $8k. Otherwise, I can't complain about my "old" GooseTuned 2020.

I decided to make the change given an msrp purchase and good money on my 2020

May I ask where you found a MSRP purchase? The best I found was $10k over, and they thought they were giving me a deal. It was $20k over for the 37"

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
it's always nice to have nice new shiny things!
That is a perfectly good reason and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with it. I just (try to) make that evaluation on vehicles.
I could make the jump for about $8k.
That’s pretty good, if you could score one for under 10k of your money, and you’re not adding on to payments etc. it could be worth it. You do get a significant tech bump.

If the deal comes to you, then by all means seriously consider. But with only 20k on a ’20, you still have a pretty new vehicle.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I currently have a 2020 802A with 20k miles... and I can't stop thinking about a G3. Anyone else?
I don't care for SCREWs so the Gen3 doesn't really appeal to me. I'll probably keep my 2020 SCAB for a couple more years until I decide what's next.