Anyone Switch to Full Synthetic Oil?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Once a year I’ll do a 10,000 to 12,000 mile road trip around America. I’ve always tan Amsoil Synthetic in factory weight with their Maximum Efficiency oil filter (EAO17). Never an issue after almost 100K miles on my Gen 2 and so far no issues on my Gen 3 doing the same thing.
How many quarts of oil did you burn doing a 10-12k mile trip? Wow, that's really around America. I just did coast to coast to pick up my gen 3 in June, and it was 3k.

FishFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, there are differences in synthetic oils, and quite significant ones related to wear! Project Farm just did a great 'no sponsor' shootout, it's about the least biased test you'll find. If you're keeping your Raptor you don't want to miss this! If the link is removed, lookup 'Amsoil or Penzoil shootout' under 'project farm'. Since I do my own oil changes with the Fumoto valve (F106N for Gen 1 6.2) I'll use the higher rated Amsoil or Penzoil, whatever is available.

Now to find the best spin-on filter. Oh, and I always stick a large neodymium magnet to the bottom of my spin-on filters to trap mag particles obviously...