Anyone skip GEN 2 and go from GEN 1 to GEN 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2012 Raptor supercab since new with only 57k miles on it. I LOVE my truck and its the longest I have ever kept a vehicle by far. When the GEN 3 was announced and they first showed us the pics, I instantly liked the looks. I think it looks a lot like a newer version of GEN 1. Now, I would love to add one to my GEN 1 but am a little concerned it might drive totally different and I may not like it. Is it too plush and isolated from the road? I like the way my truck feels. Heavy steering and great handling for a truck. I'm hoping to hear from the guys that made the switch from GEN 1 to GEN 3.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree on the looks, and would of made the jump myself if they had Scabs. I bet the technology makes up for the electric steering. Following....

RaptorAddict1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 Raptor supercab since new with only 57k miles on it. I LOVE my truck and its the longest I have ever kept a vehicle by far. When the GEN 3 was announced and they first showed us the pics, I instantly liked the looks. I think it looks a lot like a newer version of GEN 1. Now, I would love to add one to my GEN 1 but am a little concerned it might drive totally different and I may not like it. Is it too plush and isolated from the road? I like the way my truck feels. Heavy steering and great handling for a truck. I'm hoping to hear from the guys that made the switch from GEN 1 to GEN 3.
While I haven’t made the switch yet I plan to order a 2022 37 performance package. My 2012 has 130k perfect miles on it. But it’s time for an update and like you I love the looks of the gen 3. The updated suspension and technology will be a huge plus too.

raptr1

Reaction score
While I plan on keeping my 2013 until she dies, I will be passing the genII and going for the genIII with 37 when and if they come out with a v8