GEN 1 Anyone running the Gen 1 Eibach front springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98rangerdave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey you didn’t install them with both of those angled plates on the top of the strut together did you? One goes in top of the frame mount and one goes under. That’ll act as a level kit almost and it’ll put the strut at a crazy angle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info, I didn’t do that though, one angle piece went inside and the other piece on top where the bolt come through.

98rangerdave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still tall in the front, but I added an “add a leaf” to the rear this weekend. Leveled it out a bit compared to how it sat last week. Still no settling from the front eibach coils, but the front rake is much more manageable now.

57BDC35E-61D6-4AA4-ADA7-091B0FDEA68F.jpeg

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those aren't 35" tires are they?
I think most run a +3 rear spring with stock shackles or +4 with 1" drop down shackle when using Eibachs.

98rangerdave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those aren't 35" tires are they?
I think most run a +3 rear spring with stock shackles or +4 with 1" drop down shackle when using Eibachs.

they’re the metric 35, 315/70r17. They have about 20,000 miles on them though so about 1/2 tread left. I’d love to run a 37” tire but my 75-80 mile daily commute disagrees with me. Haha.

98rangerdave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could probably run some monster truck tires on the front by the looks of it! lol

Haha, I’m actually trying to set up some time next week to remove the eibach springs and go back to the OEM black springs. I really think the amount of lift I’m seeing is due to the lack of weight in the front. The eibach coils are built to support a much heavier 6.2L front end, my 3.7l v6 just doesn’t have the weight to properly balance it all out.
While it does look cool, I didn’t invest the money on this swap to look cool, I actually want the full suspension performance.

elMechanic

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I have looking around with regards to eibach’s speings for the Gen1 raptor

I got a 2013 with Deavers +3 rear leafs springs on stock shackles, will the eibach springs on low perch level it out? Or the mid perch would be better?
Still confused on the measurements tbh.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I have looking around with regards to eibach’s speings for the Gen1 raptor

I got a 2013 with Deavers +3 rear leafs springs on stock shackles, will the eibach springs on low perch level it out? Or the mid perch would be better?
Still confused on the measurements tbh.
swapping to eibach front springs will be about the same as going to mid perch in terms of height. the eibach springs will be a better ride and perform a bit better offroad though. dont recommend eibach springs and midperch as that will be effectively equivelent to going top perch. with the torsen front diff on 13 and 14 trucks, there have been known issues

elMechanic

Reaction score
swapping to eibach front springs will be about the same as going to mid perch in terms of height. the eibach springs will be a better ride and perform a bit better offroad though. dont recommend eibach springs and midperch as that will be effectively equivelent to going top perch. with the torsen front diff on 13 and 14 trucks, there have been known issues

I see, thanks for the feedback.
So I guess even with the eibach on the low-perch in front which give mid-perch lvl, my truck will atill have a higher back-end than front as I got those +3Deavers already installed, yeah?