GEN 1 Anyone running the Gen 1 Eibach front springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those are Geisers, yes? BTW, Dave Ramsey has a Gen 1 Raptor. Another reason I follow him. When I was leaving at 4:30am (in a $hi tbox Honda Civic) as part of a 160 mile daily commute I had his CDs playing all the time. I figured as long as had to be awake I might as well get motivated to spend wisely.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Those are Geisers, yes? BTW, Dave Ramsey has a Gen 1 Raptor. Another reason I follow him. When I was leaving at 4:30am (in a $hi tbox Honda Civic) as part of a 160 mile daily commute I had his CDs playing all the time. I figured as long as had to be awake I might as well get motivated to spend wisely.
Eibachs. E30-35-042-01-20 for 2010-2014 Raptor

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Did you measure the distance from the ground to the top of the fender opening before going to Eibachs? Did you gain anything using the same perch?
Measured from center of hub to bottom of fender. 2.5" increase on front height. Original springs were on mid-perch. New Eibachs are on low-perch.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gen 1 eibach springs are the same compression ratio as the oem. just 2 inches taller. if on a 2012-14 its highly recommended to stay on bottom perch if using oem shocks. going to mid with the springs will put the axle at an extreme angle pretty much close to top perch and we all know how much the torsen likes that angle

FishFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a few days ago. On low-perch. Rides INCREDIBLY smooth now! :D

Fox shock rebuilds at same time.

View attachment 401549
Very nice Bozz, and thanks for the part number, I will be following in your footsteps fo sho! I'm going to use G2 3.0 Fox shocks on my G1, and since those springs are longer, all bets are off as to where I'll end up, but I'll start on a low perch, and for CV joint safety, I plan on installing a weld-in Evil Mfg limiting strap kit.

Anyways, from the info I gathered, the Geiser springs (progressive wound) are better for the hardcore desert runner because it firms up more when getting close to bottoming. The Eibach are softer riding on the street than the Geisers, but firmer ride than stock, and better for a truck that spends most time on street. They raise the front suspension too, which benefits off-road cuz stock you bottom and crash your front end into hard impacts. Because they're straight rate, they have less resistance to bottoming than Geisers.

How would you compare your ride experience with them in relation to that comment?

Last edited:

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Very nice Bozz, and thanks for the part number, I will be following in your footsteps fo sho! I'm going to use G2 3.0 Fox shocks on my G1, and since those springs are longer, all bets are off as to where I'll end up, but I'll start on a low perch, and for CV joint safety, I plan on installing a weld-in Evil Mfg limiting strap kit.

Anyways, from the info I gathered, the Geiser springs (progressive wound) are better for the hardcore desert runner because it firms up more when getting close to bottoming. The Eibach are softer riding on the street than the Geisers, but firmer ride than stock, and better for a truck that spends most time on street. Because they're straight rate, they have less resistance to bottoming than Geisers.

How would you compare your ride experience with them in relation to that comment?
Everything that you said is exactly the same conclusion that I have come to. Went with Eibach coils and Icon leaf springs, they both ride great. The Deavers leaf springs may have been a little better, but you have to order them set to the result you want when ordering, not user adjustable after-the-fact, so....overall I am VERY pleased.