Anyone Running Lights off a relay to High Beams?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Getting ready to purchase a light kit for the openings in the lower front bumper. I'd like to run the outside KC ambers to a outfitter switch to arm them, then have thm triggered by a rely to the trucks running lights. Likewise, I would like to run the center cornering lights to a switch and the inboard spot lights to a arming switch, then have them activated by a relay to the high beams so I can arm the lights and simply have them come on with the high beams. I understand this is problematic with these trucks, anyone tried it? Thanks

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So your high beams are auto. Come up to a corner in back roads. As soon as you slow down you lose high beams. So you turn the corner with low beams . Priceless. Put a push button on center console that is comfortable to work. Or put a dead pedal with an old high beam foot switch. Are your auxillery lights put on for more distance than high beams? But you want to dim them at same time.

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So your high beams are auto. Come up to a corner in back roads. As soon as you slow down you lose high beams. So you turn the corner with low beams . Priceless.

Exactly, which is why my solution is to turn off the auto high beams unless I’m traveling a long distance down the highway, then they are ok. Otherwise they dim with porch lights, yard lights, store lights, road signs and practically anything else that is illuminated in the night. But the slow speed turning thing is really irritating.

To the OP, why do you want them only to run with high beams and not have the flexibility to run them with low too?

In my state you can’t run aux with high beams on the road. Off road you can do whatever you want, so it wouldn’t matter. You must have different laws in your state.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi, because I don't run off road and want one motion/one switch (stock high beam) to light up the road when needed. Thanks