Anyone running different brand 35" tires on their factory 17" beadlock wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Kraken

Reaction score
I just replaced my factory BFGs with Goodyear Duratracs. About 1000 miles on them and I really like them. They are a load range D but a lighter weight then the stock tires. The ride does not seem to be changed at all with the higher load rating.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just replaced my factory BFGs with Goodyear Duratracs. About 1000 miles on them and I really like them. They are a load range D but a lighter weight then the stock tires. The ride does not seem to be changed at all with the higher load rating.

I went with Duratracs too, but the load E 35s. I have nearly 50k on them, twice the wear as the ko2s.

Can't decide if I want to do the load d Duratracs next or give 37 Duratracs a shot

RaptorVA

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No bead locks on my 2014 but I just put 35/12.5/17 Yokohama Geolander X/AT's on. So far they seem pretty good. A little louder than the Ridge Grapplers I have on my 20's for the street driving. I bought the truck with about 17K on the clock in 2016 and the K02's were pretty worn then and I still put another 15K on them. They were really bad then so I went a different direction

ReconReggie19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where it’s says upload file bottom middle next to post reply. i have ran several E Rated tires now and the trucks really don’t need the weight rating I carry about 800/1000 pounds off road including my fat butt and the MTRs have been great used them in New Mexico and Wyoming Hunting for about a month total Last year on nasty snow/muddy/rocky roads with no flats and great traction, but ya at 20k Miles I take off my tires and sell them for a few hundred bucks and start over usually. After about 150k miles on three Gen2 raptors i have a good idea of what works and what does not.
Thanks.....Oh I'm sorry did I say I'm new? I meant dumb:confused:

OP
OP
RubyDaCherry

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
Dealer replaced the tires on the truck I bought when they took it in on trade. They put on the cheapest ones they could fine, Nokian Rotiiva AT in 315. They were poop. Taken off at 800 miles and replaced with E load KO2. Only tire I'd consider going to besides my KO2 are the Falken Wildpeak. I need well mannered AT's for snow/dirt and daily driving.

Why E load and not the factory C load?

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why E load and not the factory C load?

The C feel mushy in corners, and give me roll while the E firm up the ride and it feels more planted for me. I've had E on all my trucks and prefer the ride. Also can't get white letters in a C........

TravisHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, we have a tire shop in the family and I plan on replacing my KO2s with the same at around 35,000.
Will sell the old ones used with plenty of tread left on them.

Out of curiosity, what’s your driving behavior? I will be lucky to get 20k out of the factory KO2s, granted I frequently drive like I stole it. But still, no idea how some of you guys are getting 35k+, no less enough tread to sell them.

TravisHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The C feel mushy in corners, and give me roll while the E firm up the ride and it feels more planted for me. I've had E on all my trucks and prefer the ride. Also can't get white letters in a C........

To the OP, not sure your experience with different load rating tires. careful on going with tires with a higher load rating. Ask yourself how you want the truck to feel and handle, everyone is different.

While it wasn’t a raptor, on my 2015 lariat I had, I put load E ko2 33” on the factory 20 inch rims, and even going over small bumps like man hole covers would result in all sorts of rattles in the cabin.

if you want to keep the plush Cadillac ride, stick with load C. I wouldn’t go with more than that unless you need thicker side walls for puncture resistance, firmer ride, or whatever the reason.

anyways, that’s my 2c. Some of these guys here have a lot more experience than I do on the subject and may know of a load D or E that is as smooth as the factory tires.