Anyone running Cooper AT3 XLTs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to run KO2s on previous vehicles, but found the traction in rain/sleet/snow/ice to be lacking and switched to the Cooper AT3 4S's and loved them. Not only did they grip better in those conditions, but they were just as good (in my experience) off-road and they were much quieter on-road.

Curious if anyone here is running the AT3 XLT and how you like them compared to the stock tires.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
running them on the peasant gen dos.

Have 2 sets of k02s but ran into issues on the 2nd set with them never balancing right and just being crap in rain.
Coopers ride a tad stiffer, but they grip really well in sand and rain, and barely any noise with 7.5k miles on them, was worried since theyre an E they would ride like wagon wheels, but at 33psi (same psi i ran my k02s at) they ride nice.
They also balanced super well, i have 2oz of wheel weights on the "worst" one, last set of k02s i had one road force balanced in the 30s.
For the price i dont think you can get a better tire, i got them for 330 through discount tire. Also are within a lb or two of the stock k02s.

Toyos are another good tire i hear about, falkens seem good but are heavier in comparison

OP
OP
E

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
running them on the peasant gen dos.

Have 2 sets of k02s but ran into issues on the 2nd set with them never balancing right and just being crap in rain.
Coopers ride a tad stiffer, but they grip really well in sand and rain, and barely any noise with 7.5k miles on them, was worried since theyre an E they would ride like wagon wheels, but at 33psi (same psi i ran my k02s at) they ride nice.
They also balanced super well, i have 2oz of wheel weights on the "worst" one, last set of k02s i had one road force balanced in the 30s.
For the price i dont think you can get a better tire, i got them for 330 through discount tire. Also are within a lb or two of the stock k02s.

Toyos are another good tire i hear about, falkens seem good but are heavier in comparison
When you say they ride a tad stiffer are you talking about how much you feel bumps/road imperfections or something else?

Any change in vehicle dynamics (e.g. braking, acceleration, fuel economy) with the XLTs?

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you say they ride a tad stiffer are you talking about how much you feel bumps/road imperfections or something else?

Any change in vehicle dynamics (e.g. braking, acceleration, fuel economy) with the XLTs?
bumps not much difference, same with offroad. Only thing i feel them more on is potholes and washboards, but the live valve always seems to hit those harder anyway.
Overall driving i dont notice a difference in stiffness and no change in anything else, theyre roughly the same height and weight, lie'o'meter still reports my usual mpg.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Load Range E (10 ply) won't ride as soft as the stock Load Range C tires. Lowering air pressure a little can make them ride a little better. But they still won't ride as soft as Load Range C's. Unfortunately there aren't many Load Range C 315/70/17 to choose from.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try Goodyear Ultra Terrain, I’ve had three sets between raptors. Super grip in all conditions, but low on mileage. 30-35k and I changed them. Still had life tho.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I miss my Mickey Thompson Bajas. But the Falken AT3s seem ok also
They just look like old man tires.
I like the Falken AT3W a lot. I run them on my 94 Bronco and they are great in snow and rain. I would have got them for the Raptor but Load Range E was the only option.