Anyone running Amsoil?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 17706

Yea, and Ford also recommends horrible service intervals for your transmission, diff fluids, and so on. So what’s your point? It doesn’t always matter what “Ford” says or recommends.

:snoopfacepalm:

AMSOIL signature series is the way to go. It offers the best protection for turbo vehicles.

D

Deleted member 17706

Yea, and Ford also recommends horrible service intervals for your transmission, diff fluids, and so on. So what’s your point? It doesn’t always matter what “Ford” says or recommends. @nikhsub1

:snoopfacepalm:

AMSOIL signature series is the way to go. It offers the best protection for turbo vehicles.

Lou N

Reaction score
You are misinformed my friend my Ford dealership put fully synthetic Ford motor oil in my 2018 Ford Raptor cuz that's what it calls for. My wife has a 2017 Ford Explorer EcoBoost 3.5 and hers calls for a synthetic blend the reason being and it was explained to me is the internals in the Raptor or hardened as opposed to the 3.5 EcoBoost in my wife's Explorer two different animals....

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I run Amsoil products in the front and rear differentials, transfer case, and transmission.
Mobil 1 in the engine.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are misinformed my friend my Ford dealership put fully synthetic Ford motor oil in my 2018 Ford Raptor cuz that's what it calls for. My wife has a 2017 Ford Explorer EcoBoost 3.5 and hers calls for a synthetic blend the reason being and it was explained to me is the internals in the Raptor or hardened as opposed to the 3.5 EcoBoost in my wife's Explorer two different animals....
You are the one misinformed. RTFM. Page 46.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...tor-Supplement-version-1_su_EN-US_09_2018.pdf

Last edited:

Mj1anderson

Reaction score
Not knocking you at all since you don't make up the rules, but unless I was doing prep all the time and constantly replacing oils, lube, etc why would I pay $25/year just to be able to have the opportunity to use their products?
Because it drops your purchase price significantly and offsets the cost to become a preferred customer over time.
They ship via UPS and you will get your products within 3 days max, often at Two days.
I'm a firm believer in AMSOIl SS oil. I worked with the AMSOIL Corp people and know them well.
Good products, great people.
AMSOIL has done extensive testing of the Ford Ecoboost engines and have concluded a majority of the conventional synthetics can't handle the heat of the twin turbos and start breaking down prior to 3,000 miles.

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because it drops your purchase price significantly and offsets the cost to become a preferred customer over time.
They ship via UPS and you will get your products within 3 days max, often at Two days.
I'm a firm believer in AMSOIl SS oil. I worked with the AMSOIL Corp people and know them well.
Good products, great people.
AMSOIL has done extensive testing of the Ford Ecoboost engines and have concluded a majority of the conventional synthetics can't handle the heat of the twin turbos and start breaking down prior to 3,000 miles.
Been getting some good info from this thread, I think I'll join the Amsoil club

Mj1anderson

Reaction score

Mj1anderson

Reaction score
Been getting some good info from this thread, I think I'll join the Amsoil club
I recommend it! Average order from AMSOIL is like 1.8 days so they ship same day and get product to you fast!
Also if you have a local AMSOIL distributor call them and ask them if they will honor your preferred customer pricing. Most will so that can help you get product same day...
I worked with the AMSOIL boys for years I know the programs well...

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would never burn a blend in the explorer. You will burn up your turbo over time I'll almost guarantee you! I had a 2014 and fried mine. The AMSOIL boys told me I was going to and it happened.
From that day forward I've burned their full synthetic signature series oil.
I'd highly recommend you do the same.
I run Amsoil. I was merely telling the other dude that Ford uses a synth blend. It’s not what I use or recommend. I really like Schaeffers as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro