Anyone running a soft topper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just put an order in for the Softtopper for my supercrew in tan color. Currently have an ARE paint matched topper, but hate not being able to easily use the bed. Anyone else running a soft topper?

MKD

Reaction score
D4386F07-A654-44E0-A7C9-E1562F573B7B.jpeg786997EE-7290-41CA-949B-8BF55612547C.jpegI bought one earlier this year. Tan on performance blue. I got it so my dog has at least some shade protection in the bed when I go out. It does a very good job with rain/water protection. It does a less good job with dust protection(compared to a sealed shell). It has held up pretty dang good after six months-but the vinyl windows already are a little bit scratched. Sets up and down in a cinch. I bought the boot to just store it in the down configuration in the bed, but it’s so easy to take it off when I’m done that I just take it all the way off.

If your interested datinfab builds a cage/rack designed to fit around it. I may buy one, but currently am thinking more about building one myself.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 326451View attachment 326450I bought one earlier this year. Tan on performance blue. I got it so my dog has at least some shade protection in the bed when I go out. It does a very good job with rain/water protection. It does a less good job with dust protection(compared to a sealed shell). It has held up pretty dang good after six months-but the vinyl windows already are a little bit scratched. Sets up and down in a cinch. I bought the boot to just store it in the down configuration in the bed, but it’s so easy to take it off when I’m done that I just take it all the way off.

If your interested datinfab builds a cage/rack designed to fit around it. I may buy one, but currently am thinking more about building one myself.

That was the reason for getting it is to be able to set it up and down easily to be able to use the whole bed, so I'm glad to hear it works well in that regard. I'm not too interested in a cage to try and keep the bed fully accessible with it folded down. That's the reason I'm wanting to go away from my hard shell.

Heinz

Reaction score
View attachment 326451View attachment 326450I bought one earlier this year. Tan on performance blue. I got it so my dog has at least some shade protection in the bed when I go out. It does a very good job with rain/water protection. It does a less good job with dust protection(compared to a sealed shell). It has held up pretty dang good after six months-but the vinyl windows already are a little bit scratched. Sets up and down in a cinch. I bought the boot to just store it in the down configuration in the bed, but it’s so easy to take it off when I’m done that I just take it all the way off.

I’ve been considering getting one of these for my dog too, but I have a Decked system and want to figure out if the kennel will fit between the Decked and the soft top.

If you have a chance, could you get a measurement between the bed and the underside of the soft top?

MKD

Reaction score
40.5 inches from top to bottom at the top, 38 at the edge (slight curve at top).

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got the Softtopper in. Truck is currently at the bodyshop getting some love. Old ARE topper has been pulled off along with the fender flares and bed decals. Will be re-spraying the fender flares and bed sides along with installing some new bed rail caps. Also will probably end up re-spraying the roof, A-pillars, and installing a new windshield. I will be keeping this thing for a long time, and figure it's time to get it all freshened up. The only real mod I have left to do on it that I'm planning for is the supercharger, but even that I'm not sure if is necessary. lol

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Buddy of mine just installed his Softtopper on his 2020 TRD Pro and it's freaking awesome. The quality is amazing and it looks badass. Looking forward to getting mine on!

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I plan to get a softopper in the near future. I have the SDHQ bed rack installed and 2 new wheels. Just have to find me some tires. So the plan is to put the softopper on when we go camping and such to be able to load up some gear and have a little protection from the elements. I like that is is easy on and off.
I'm just hoping there is enough room to go over the tires. They will be 37s. Any thoughts?