Anyone running 37x13.50x17?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thinking of going to a different wheel and tire setup for something a little more aggressive. Currently on 17x9 +12 Vision Ojos in bronze with 37x12.50 BFG T/A KO2. I like the setup and it's been pretty all around great, but I might be ready for a change. Thinking of going to the 37x13.50 Cooper STT Pro and the 17x9 -12 Fuel Militia in bronze.

Attachments

• 81aQX-ppp2L._AC_SX679_.jpg
    81aQX-ppp2L._AC_SX679_.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 17
  • MILITIA-D725-6LUG-20x9-ET1MATTE-BRONZE-W-MATTE-BLK-A1_1000_7777.png
    MILITIA-D725-6LUG-20x9-ET1MATTE-BRONZE-W-MATTE-BLK-A1_1000_7777.png
    1 MB · Views: 16

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how you use the truck, but that new set up will be problematic with light off-roading and may even have issues on road with stock fenders.

If you have aftermarket fenders and want a more aggressive look that's still pretty functional, I'd recommend 17x9 0 with 37x12.5 tires that are actually about 13" wide like the STT Pro's you are considering.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Keep in mind, BFG 37s are smaller than most other 37s. I would keep with a zero offset. And start saving for fenders.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure how you use the truck, but that new set up will be problematic with light off-roading and may even have issues on road with stock fenders.

If you have aftermarket fenders and want a more aggressive look that's still pretty functional, I'd recommend 17x9 0 with 37x12.5 tires that are actually about 13" wide like the STT Pro's you are considering.

I was kind of wondering about the 13.5 because I see almost nobody running that size. I just assumed it was because there's not much choice in tires in that size, but I'm assuming it's because they have bad rubbing issues. As far as the offset any specific reason to stick to a +0? Had no idea the STT Pro's were going to be that much bigger in the same "size" as the BFG's.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keep in mind, BFG 37s are smaller than most other 37s. I would keep with a zero offset. And start saving for fenders.

I kind of wondered that too. I think I remember reading that somewhere else that even though they are are a 37x.12.50 they're actually a "small" 37x12.50. Any specific reason to stick with 0 offset? Also, is it mostly the front fenders you need the clearance for? I'm assuming you don't want to run just the bigger front fenders without doing the rears as well. Sucks because I believe the rears only come as full bedsides which is a lot of work.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
When I went from the BFG 37s on stock wheels to Baja Bosses on zero offset wheels. I could leave the parking lot without removing fender flares. Had to do the fender mod right away. Sure I am in a Gen 2 but you will still run into clearance issues. A negative offset will amplify the issue. You are already choosing a wider wheel over stock.

You can run just front fenders and be ok, most people do.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I went from the BFG 37s on stock wheels to Baja Bosses on zero offset wheels. I could leave the parking lot without removing fender flares. Had to do the fender mod right away. Sure I am in a Gen 2 but you will still run into clearance issues. A negative offset will amplify the issue. You are already choosing a wider wheel over stock.

You can run just front fenders and be ok, most people do.

I just thought it would look really weird with just the front fenders and not the bed sides to match.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front flares are a bit smaller as these fenders are 2" higher and they will poke out about 2" further. Some people will color match the flares (front & rear) to minimize the difference, but I prefer the contrast so I went with satin black which matches my aftermarket bumpers.

Attachments

• 20200104_145029_HDR.jpg
    20200104_145029_HDR.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 76
OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The front flares are a bit smaller as these fenders are 2" higher and they will poke out about 2" further. Some people will color match the flares (front & rear) to minimize the difference, but I prefer the contrast so I went with satin black which matches my aftermarket bumpers.

What fenders are those?