Anyone Replaced Horn?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As mentioned above, I put these on my Jeep since the stock horn was crapping out: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pia-85115
They're pretty loud.

I have a train horn on the Raptor, but I'll probably replace the stock horns soon with these as well. I have my train horn selectable for when I don't want to make people deaf.
Yep, those are the ones I bought off of eBay. Free shipping.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, those are the ones I bought off of eBay. Free shipping.
Yeah, I already had a big enough Summit order for free shipping there, so a hair cheaper. Horns work great. Wife said "I thought this didn't have an air horn anymore?" (Jeep used to, but I had to pull it off for a bit due to space for another project). Horn was loud enough she thought it was an air horn.

Dorbruns

Reaction score
I wonder why is it always a horn that does a lower frequency sound that dies out? It wouldn’t be that bad if you were left with a low ship-like signal, instead of wimpy quack-quack! I’ve got train horns installed under my truck. I bought them from hornblasters and they came with the necessary wiring and brackets. There’s a separate button for train horns in the truck now, cuz it’s too noisy for city driving. Now my standard horns sound too quiet, even though they’re not broken.

Last edited:

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where do you plan on mounting that???
Inside the engine bay perhaps behind the fender liner. TBH, I haven’t looked yet.

For sure, you want to relocate your horn so that the s h i t bags can’t cut the wires behind the grille.

I’d like to put a 1M dB horn in the cab so that their head explodes haha

CobraJay

Tweaker by trade
Reaction score
Agree completely. Going to run a circuit off the fuse box, just need a good/simple spot to mount some horns. Been contemplating using clip-nuts and hella's inside the frame rails but want something more forward and protected from roadsalt.