Anyone Replaced Horn?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other day, my horn had one of the 2 horns go out and now it’s this wimpy, ***** sounding little horn……need to replace it.

Not looking to go full-on train horn, but would like to see what bolder sounding horn others have replaced OEM with……not looking to add compressor, etc….

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Marco direct drive air horns are worth 118db measured on my db meter. stock weighed in at something like 94db with both horns so the marcos are a significant difference. grab ‘em off Amazon.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a Stebel Brio air horn in my car. It’s damn loud so you gotta be selective when you use it.

I gotta try the Marco horns they look interesting too.

I’m not an electrical expert but I used a relay/fuse/direct battery connection. Not doing so could burn out the horn button on the steering wheel.

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the Marco's, I'll definitely need to get into Forscan and turn off that dreaded double beep, when you get out with the key in your pocket while the truck is running!!! Thanks!

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered the easily installed PIAA 85115 horns off of eBay with Free Shipping for $67......I'll let you all know how they do.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With the Marco's, I'll definitely need to get into Forscan and turn off that dreaded double beep, when you get out with the key in your pocket while the truck is running!!! Thanks!
You have to kill the double beep! Before I did mine I lost count how many times I yelled, "F uck you!" at my truck when it honked at me. :banghead: Turning off the bells and chimes is REALLY nice too. I didn't think they were a big deal, and almost didn't bother. Once I did it, I enjoyed having the truck being quiet.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You have to kill the double beep! Before I did mine I lost count how many times I yelled, "F uck you!" at my truck when it beeped at me. :banghead: Turning off the bells and chimes is REALLY nice too. I really didn't think they were a big deal, and almost didn't bother. Once I did it, I really enjoyed having the truck be quiet.

You have NO idea how much trouble I got in before doing this. Every time I’d get out of the truck, close the door, BEEP BEEP, “Shaddup *****” followed by
<rolls down window>
“What the F*** did you just call me? I KNOW you didn’t just call me *****. My Father didn’t even call me *****. ... blah, blah, blah"

Then I tried “Shut the F888 up”
<rolls down window>
“Did you just Shoosh me? Who do you think you ARE to shush me? Blah, blah, blah..."

I swear, Lucille was like dramatic mistress intent on f@cking up my starter marriage.

Forscan is like the electronic ******** you make your truck wear, to ensure that communication you receive from your truck actually means something.

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being a Gen 2 owner myself I can say this.......just keep using it as it is-wimpy. Perfect compliment to our exhaust....... The bright side is this. Turbos just don't have the deep exhaust note of naturally aspirated. But given the engine size they rock!!!

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
following.

I basically never use my horn, but when I do, I want it to work. No train horn, just a little bit more punch. I started looking then quickly remembered doing the double honk delete needs to happen first. Why double honk couldn't have been funnelled to some sort of 59 cent reminder beeper is beyond me.

pic for no reason whatsoever. My son and I driving back from the range last week. As he summarized perfectly, range trips and raptors are a perfect match.

1642689121791.png

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As mentioned above, I put these on my Jeep since the stock horn was crapping out: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pia-85115
They're pretty loud.

I have a train horn on the Raptor, but I'll probably replace the stock horns soon with these as well. I have my train horn selectable for when I don't want to make people deaf.