anyone remove the front sway bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crash33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has been off for a couple of years. More fun to drive. Makes IFS actually independent.

Apex Ace

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For giggles I did this modification today. Found a large area I could hit 50mph where yanked the steering wheel and hit the brakes simulating a panic stop. The truck was nowhere near as confident as it was with the swap operational! Just saying.......

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, pretty much the same experience I had on the other trucks I had taken it off on. But I never felt it being dangerous for quick turns since I adjusted the icon coils to my liking stiffness , I feel the stock raptor is to soft so I'm going to install icon attitude collars on to make it a bit more stiffer and also level it out.

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a long video (not mine) on YouTube on the subject - the poster did not see much change in articulation from removing the sway bar.

I beleive he would have better results if he changed his uca with the wheel going up higher to the fender . I'm going with icon uca as well, not a fan of stock uca"s

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly I can’t even tell the difference when on the road. Off road is where I can tell, way nicer over bumps and jumps as it’s allowing the suspension to do what it was made for and have full use of the travel when needed

If you can't tell the difference between swaybar on or off the truck on the road you're either not driving over 10MPH or you're, oh nevermind. Yep, removing the swaybar "allows the suspension to do what it was made for." Brilliant!

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can't tell the difference between swaybar on or off the truck on the road you're either not driving over 10MPH or you're, oh nevermind. Yep, removing the swaybar "allows the suspension to do what it was made for." Brilliant!

I'm not understanding what it is you're trying to say. You think you should be able to feel it right away after disconnecting it?

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised to see this conversation happening.

---

A sway bar doesn't help your vehicle in low speed off road conditions.

A sway bar's only job is to lessen body-roll during lateral g-force conditions. This is a good thing for all vehicles, particularly heavy ones with soft suspensions.

Last edited:

AJS44

Reaction score
Low speed off road if the truck is flexed it will allow more travel on one side since the a arms arent connected. It will help to disconnect with low speed off road.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I'm surprised to see this conversation happening.

---

A sway bar doesn't help your vehicle in low speed off road conditions.

A sway bar's only job is to lessen body-roll during lateral g-force conditions. This is a good thing for all vehicles, particularly heavy ones with soft suspensions.

What do you think happens when you're hauling ass through offset whoops?

If the sway bar connects both sides of the truck, when one side goes up, the other gets disturbed.

The swaybar becomes a moot point when adding a bunch more damping to the front corners in the way of a bypass to compliment the coilover.

At the end of the day, it is possible to run an anti-rock sway, but a fair amount of TTs dont even run one.

The usage is extremely subjective. I have not seen a plethora of objective data.