Anyone regret collars on the front?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
running rpg adjustable at mid setting, braking feels way better, certain freeways it gets a little bumpy but other than that it's great.

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ran RPG adjustable collars briefly. I decided to do 37s in the middle of the suspension rebuild. Tech wanted to do 3” of preload to provide more clearance for a 37” KO2. I allowed it.

HATED IT!!! Ruined the Raptor ride in my opinion and made it ride like a bro dozer even on the street.

Pulled the collars off. Swapped the Geiser springs on. Still stiffer than stock set up around town. Less nose dive, but way better ride than 3” of preload on the collars, and handles well off-road.

Replacement / upgraded coil overs are the best answer for 37s, but the Geisers do well on a budget.

In summary, collars might be okay at mild to moderate levels of preload, but not for me.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm debating on going w/ either the 1.5" or 2.25" RPG collar. I am coming from a '15 GMC sierra riding on 33"s w/ Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks @ top setting (+2") & added an inch in the rear to maintain some rake by going to 2.25" rear spring blocks.

I def need the front lifted a tad on my new '18 Raptor since it seems to a) have even more rake than my stock GM did from the factory b) the doors do not clear the retaining wall blocks I have on the right side of my driveway...my leveled (2.5" front overall) GMC did clear - otherwise can't park on that side of my driveway or one day I'll forget & the door will crack the wall, & c) I don't plan on doing a ton of towing - maybe a pair of jet skis & gear or couple quads 1 in bed 1 on trailer - even if I get a boat I don't see myself exceeding 6000-7000 lbs total well under 8800 limit.....payload is a different story, there will be a couple dozen times over a year where I will DEFINITELY reach or push that 1200 lb payload limit....when I do so I don't want to be staring at the sky dragging ass.

I also want to be "once & done" - 35"s are plenty big, the gas mileage is already low & I use this as a DD, & I do plan on using it as a work horse occasionally. So that being said - am I safer sticking w/ the 1.5" collar gaining maybe 1-1.25" of height or am I OK to step up to the 2.25" kit & still expect to retain a little rake? Seems unclear to me whether or not the 2.25" RPH perch collar results in a ride height that is just level, a tad bit of rake or a tad nose high??? If I were to throw 500 lbs in the bed of an otherwise stock gen2 raptor w/ 2.25" collars will it def sag?

Def requires a little more foresight given the softer offroad suspension & the already limited payload.

I see people referencing deaver leaf kits - are basic leaf spring blocks not possible on the Raptor - a whole leaf kit is required? They don't have "add a leaf" kits available?

That is the other concern I had - if I can just add some iron blocks to gain a lil height & maintain rake while raising the front up & I had no intention of running larger tires in the future is the 1.5" collar kit the way to go?

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Raptor comes with a 2" block in the rear. You can remove it and add a larger block but you will also need to replace the strike plates for the bump stops. This is not really recommended, though. You're going to be more prone to axle wrap and the factory leafs just really aren't very good in general. The truck rides and handles a lot better with the progressive rate Deavers.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Raptor comes with a 2" block in the rear. You can remove it and add a larger block but you will also need to replace the strike plates for the bump stops. This is not really recommended, though. You're going to be more prone to axle wrap and the factory leafs just really aren't very good in general. The truck rides and handles a lot better with the progressive rate Deavers.

OK - so if I were to forego the rear block idea for now (don't feel like spending $1,000's on leaf springs for a brand new truck) - between the 1.5" & 2.25" collar, what is a better option for someone knowing they will be loading up the bed occasionally. Basically trying to get a consensus straight answer - does the 2.25" perch collar essentially make the truck exactly level & w/ the fox shocks/factory stance result in nose high ass sag w/ say - 500 lbs in bed? 1000 lbs?

Part of me wants the 2.25" b/c I know I'll appreciate the ground clearance & the lifted look of the front will be more noticeable for sure, on the other hand I don't want to ruin the ride or make the truck look dump nose high ass sagging any time I'm actually using it as a truck??

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK - so if I were to forego the rear block idea for now (don't feel like spending $1,000's on leaf springs for a brand new truck) - between the 1.5" & 2.25" collar, what is a better option for someone knowing they will be loading up the bed occasionally. Basically trying to get a consensus straight answer - does the 2.25" perch collar essentially make the truck exactly level & w/ the fox shocks/factory stance result in nose high ass sag w/ say - 500 lbs in bed? 1000 lbs?

Part of me wants the 2.25" b/c I know I'll appreciate the ground clearance & the lifted look of the front will be more noticeable for sure, on the other hand I don't want to ruin the ride or make the truck look dump nose high ass sagging any time I'm actually using it as a truck??

I have a 2017 and got the RPG 1.5” collars. With the settling of the back its really close to level and when loading up gear for camping or longer road trips it definitely sits slightly nose high.

I’ve got Eibachs and icon leafs on order now and will remove the collars. If those were available when I first got my truck I would hope that someone would have told me to do those first [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2018 running the ICON at the recommended "Level" height I forget if that is 1.5 or 1.75 I will need to look. Even with my warn 9.5xp, ADD intercooler and stealth fighter, rigid 40rds and two 10sr lights the front seems to sit higher than the rear. Maybe its just me but thought I would only be level or less than with all the weight on the front. Rides the same as stock to me. Been 5k miles and like it. Also I am running the 35in KM3 BFGs and those didnt change the ride at all. I didnt feel any weight or MPG difference with them. May be a very slight noise at 80mph but nothing major.

JD_27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2017 and got the RPG 1.5” collars. With the settling of the back its really close to level and when loading up gear for camping or longer road trips it definitely sits slightly nose high.

I’ve got Eibachs and icon leafs on order now and will remove the collars. If those were available when I first got my truck I would hope that someone would have told me to do those first [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m thinking about the exact same setup you mentioned, Eibach’s and Icon leafs. You will have to report back on how the truck handles.