Anyone recognize this truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my 77,000 mile Raptor needs suspension work? I mean, mine feels fine. Not sure how a broken suspension would feel.
Your results may vary! My suspension needed rebuilding at 45K. The ride became very stiff and harsh and no longer soaked up the bumps.

A lot depends on how much you offroad. Fox's recommended maintenance schedule is a rebuild after 50,000 miles if you drive primarily on the road. If you off-road, it could be as soon as 10,000 miles. A lot depends on how much you abuse, I mean off-road, your truck.

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something doesn't seem right about this Raptor. Is it just me or does that seem like a lot miles for a 2018?

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Right right.

Mine is 95% road life but it has been off roading at least 4 - 5 times a year.

moodster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a lot of miles if you actually drive your truck.
I have a 2019 that I bought in February 2019 and have 54K on it as of now.
2021 ordered.

OP
OP
N

NLarson801

Reaction score
Do t quote me on this but I’m pretty sure that doof Ben Hardy from YouTube used to own that truck. I wouldn’t own anything that dude has owned. So I would double check to see if that’s actually the case.
Good call on that, his was wrapped Orange though. But looks like he does have a video on this exact truck. The dealer just let him drive it for a video.

tomcruise

Reaction score
I sold my raptor to them a few weeks back and they were telling me that this raptor has had a fair amount of mods done to it and it was supposedly tuned. after talking to the salesman the general consensus was that raptor has been F'd with and they wouldn't recommend it to anyone they knew.

OP
OP
N

NLarson801

Reaction score
I sold my raptor to them a few weeks back and they were telling me that this raptor has had a fair amount of mods done to it and it was supposedly tuned. after talking to the salesman the general consensus was that raptor has been F'd with and they wouldn't recommend it to anyone they knew.
I'm ok with mods, hell my Audi has quite a few currently, including a fairly aggressive tune. But what I am not interested in is a truck that has been beat to hell. Seems it might be best to steer clear of this one. I do like the stance of it though.

This one is a bit closer to me and looks to be much cleaner, I think I'll check it out tomorrow. Hoping they budge on price though.