Anyone not have problems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
18 Screw over 20k. Only issue is the cracked Push to Start button.

gobie18

Reaction score
I have a 2/2018 build 2018 screw, 11k miles. No issues except harsh shifting into reverse when cold. Got resolved by the dealer doing the software update. Only small problem I had since day one was when restarting the truck I get a knock from the driveline. I read that lots of F150 has this issue and they say its driveline slack and will happen from time to time. Doesn't bother me after finding that its somewhat normal.

NORCAL SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2/2018 build 2018 screw, 11k miles. No issues except harsh shifting into reverse when cold. Got resolved by the dealer doing the software update. Only small problem I had since day one was when restarting the truck I get a knock from the driveline. I read that lots of F150 has this issue and they say its driveline slack and will happen from time to time. Doesn't bother me after finding that its somewhat normal.

Can you explain what knock from the driveline means? I wonder if you miscategorized the phaser rattle that was mentioned earlier?

gobie18

Reaction score
Sorry, what I meant by knock is when I start the truck a hear a click from the rear drive line. It's definitely not phaser sound.

Fastback89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my 18 with 14 miles back in October and it's been the best Truck I've owned to date. Not a creek or rattle, It's been perfect.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2017 Scab that I picked up Feb 8 2017 with 18 miles.
Starter went bad at 35,500 miles.
Oil pan leaked.
IWE's replaced by TSB.
Rear ring and pinion went bad. Probably my fault.

All problems replaced by warranty. I drive my truck pretty hard and put her away wet. Still love the truck and will keep it for a long while.
I am at 50,670 miles now. I get the oil changed at dealer so they look the truck over there and will be more apt to replace parts under warranty without asking questions.
Been tuned since 12,000 miles first on NGAUGE and now on COBB AP.