Anyone not have problems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OriginalToken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I’ve got the identical build.

My sunroof failed. Like you I spend a chunk of time on very bad roads - washboard and worse.

Exactly why I specifically got mine without sunroof. Mine is loaded, but no sunroof, and I did that because I intended to put a lot of off road miles on the truck. I was a bit worried about two things, vibration from washboarded roads and hail damage. A dented roof is a problem and ugly, but a broken sunroof kind of kills the truck on the spot in bad weather.

T!

xcartelx

Reaction score
Thanks. I’ve got the identical build.

My sunroof failed. Like you I spend a chunk of time on very bad roads - washboard and worse.
Interesting. Though I haven't experienced any failure of the sunroof myself, a buddy of mine with a nearly identical build just had his sunroof pop out of the tracks, albeit it was an early '17 build. Easy enough fix; what failure did you experience?

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Though I haven't experienced any failure of the sunroof myself, a buddy of mine with a nearly identical build just had his sunroof pop out of the tracks, albeit it was an early '17 build. Easy enough fix; what failure did you experience?

Broken track. My 2018 was built on the first day of production in July 2017. I’m going to order a 2020 on July 18th. It might be built first day too :)

FYI I considered no sunroof, but it is so pleasant at night. I asked the Ford shop how much the repair would be if I paid out of pocket. They said $350 for this particular repair.

I’ve got a 2004 XC90 that I’ve used on the bad roads as well. No issues with that sunroof in 200k mikes. Maybe build quality, maybe luck of the draw.

Enjoy your summer!

Blue Ballin

Reaction score
Raptor front 06-19.jpg Enjoying my 2017. I have modified it a little bit, but even with the mods, no issues except for a recent oil leak that's covered by warranty. Enjoy your beast!

Supergumby5000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'18 802A with pretty much everything other than beadlocks.

bought december 18, 13k miles. I drive it daily. My commute is 35 miles one way, five days a week. The only 'issue' I have is I dont like how the red strip is wearing on my steering wheel. 1st world problems. Truck runs flawlessly.

As i've mentioned in other posts, I have a bad habit of buying new trucks frequently. I've had ford/ram/dodge/chevy trucks, 1/2, 3/4, 1-ton, and they all have their quirks. I'll take a cosmetic issue on the steering wheel over many of the problems i've had on my other rigs.

NORCAL SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'18 802A with pretty much everything other than beadlocks.

bought december 18, 13k miles. I drive it daily. My commute is 35 miles one way, five days a week. The only 'issue' I have is I dont like how the red strip is wearing on my steering wheel. 1st world problems. Truck runs flawlessly.

As i've mentioned in other posts, I have a bad habit of buying new trucks frequently. I've had ford/ram/dodge/chevy trucks, 1/2, 3/4, 1-ton, and they all have their quirks. I'll take a cosmetic issue on the steering wheel over many of the problems i've had on my other rigs.

There is a guy on Facebook that makes awesome replacements for that red stripe. It has great reviews.

OP
OP
M

Mstgkillr

Reaction score
I know people are more likely to post negative reviews when they have a problem, but it seems the Gen 2 Raptor has some reliability issues. I already read several posts about issues with cam phasers, transfer cases, transmissions, leaks, drain plugs, oil consumption, etc.

Are these issues common?

Any not have any issues? And mileage?

I'm actually most concerned about the cam phaser issues. From reading this forum, it seems like a common issue and design flaw. And how will the cam phasers hold up after 100k miles or more? It would be nice to know the actual failure rate. Is it 1%, 10%, 20% or more? I had plans to get a tune, but now I'm leaning towards and extended warranty instead.