Anyone Line X their Fender Flares?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SexyAvalancheGrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I searched this subject with not a lot of threads.

I was wondering if anyone Line X'd their fender flares. I am pondering doing this on an avalanche grey crew cab.

I was trying to find some up close photos of the Line X'd fender flares.

Thanks for any help!!

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
definitely do it!
i had my boatec fenders coated which stopped paint spidering from rocks.
saw the Stormtrooper Garage gen2raptor truck from SEMA at Snoball this weekend and his were also coated.
Now this is underside coating for afternarket fenders. I also coated the stock fender extensions when i scratched the crap out of them. That also wirks to stop damage. Linex adds some weight, but much strength.
Highly recommended on aftermarket, only cosmetic concerns if done on stockers

i also have Avalanche Grey and will be doing fenders soon. they will be linexed and painted by Texas Motorworx (TMX) who also own two linex dealerships.
6621f1ee8e4a36b5018a430973ac717a.jpg58700a1df78878ec89ef12cc91e0a03c.jpg
linexed gen 1 next to Avalanche grey as ordered [emoji106]

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Just shows that money doesn’t buy taste

real trucks get fkd up and linex is a real option
help the OP or ****.

Last edited:

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i did mine. 5 years later still going strong. the premium still shines in the sunlight when i clean em up. truck is dirty as shit and its winter or id post some pics

Jiman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine and so far so good after a year. I thought they’d be a PIA to clean but they don’t hold dirt/grime any more than the rest of the truck.

e8d2886e7467f5527a35eedd6c83cd44.jpg

17206a035ce415677edbae32c5041933.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan to lineX mine when the truck shows up. Will post before and after once done.

D

Deleted member 12951

Have a GEN1 but my flares have been linex for a few years now. Looks great.
I did it because after a year and offroading the flares were so scratched up they looked bad. Linex to cover it up and don’t have to worry about scratches anymore.

Make sure and pay extra and get the Platinum or Premium so they are well protected and don’t fade since those have UV resistance. Recommend Platinum

Jiman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the Gen 2s, don’t forget to spray the small lower rear panel between the rear fender flare and rear bumper. IMO, it ties it all in better...plus that part catches a lot of crud coming off the rear wheels.

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For the Gen 2s, don’t forget to spray the small lower rear panel between the rear fender flare and rear bumper. IMO, it ties it all in better...plus that part catches a lot of crud coming off the rear wheels.

i did that and my rockers as well. im sure there are those that think it makes it look like a typical 2-toned f150 but it does protect shit. no paint chips on my rockers

azmcs

Reaction score
One of the first things I had done. Love the look. One thing is my local LineX guy recommended pulling the flares off the truck so he could coat them inside and out. Supposedly "seals" it better for longer durability. It was a PITA to pull them but I am hoping it lasts forever.

I too had the dove-tail panels done so it all ties in. The Gen 1s it is less of an issue but I think it is a must on our trucks.