Anyone know where these bolts might be from?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EmbDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it's a hike for you but sands ford redhill does good work..... not sure about ciocca, fred beans is o.k. not the best, parts guy is a ****....

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe there was a part involved that had recommended single use bolts and it has new ones in it. I've only ever heard of that for heads, but who knows. It's a pretty unusual fastener with the torx head and the way the tip of it is designed.

IIRC there is a thread about the high pressure fuel pump having single use bolts. Don't know if they had to remove the fuel pump.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I found matching bolts with a little help from GCATX. There's 3 holding this flange (shaped similar to a thermostat flange) on right side cylinder bank that appear to be identical to the extra ones I found. Not going to lie, I'm not even sure what that is. I'm fairly ignorant on these newer engines, especially the electronics side. I tried looking on the Tasca site and couldn't find it. I was really surprised to find out the engine cover is a giant piece of foam when I took it off!

upload_2020-5-23_12-50-57.png

Last edited:

Rocsteady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to worry, it's an old mechanics trick to "prove" that they actually worked on your vehicle. Check for some oily smears on your upholstery and hand/finger-prints on your hood, right dead center on the front so you can't miss it; more dead giveaways. Seriously though, curious to see the outcome here.