Anyone know where these bolts might be from?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just got my truck back from the dealer this afternoon. They had to replace a cracked timing cover with 600 miles on the truck. I found these 2 large torx head bolts laying on the cowl below the windshield a little while ago. Any guesses where they might belong?

@FordTechOne maybe??

upload_2020-5-22_23-35-12.png

Last edited:

Venerous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Believe me, I'm not happy!! Service is closed Saturday too. I was just doing a look see in the engine bay to see if it was cleaned up, and I found them.

Man, first your extended wait and now this... they better be giving you some free parts or something because doesn't sound like you'd want any more service taken care of through them, jeez. Feel for ya Uncle Perv!

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those two bolts hold the engine in place... nothing to worry about, Oldfart.

In all seriousness, let’s hope that those were not needed, because whatever new part(s) they installed, came with new ones.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those two bolts hold the engine in place... nothing to worry about, Oldfart.

In all seriousness, let’s hope that those were not needed, because whatever new part(s) they installed, came with new ones.

I'm REALLY hoping for the same answer, that maybe there was a part involved that had recommended single use bolts and it has new ones in it. I've only ever heard of that for heads, but who knows. It's a pretty unusual fastener with the torx head and the way the tip of it is designed.

What dealership did you buy/get the work done at?

Gilboy's in Whitehall.