Anyone know what this is.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Haletwin23

Reaction score
I noticed today on the front driver side that something wasn’t plugged in. Looks like it’s something for the shocks (Photo 1). The passenger side front has the same plug but it’s plugged into something that isn’t on the other side. (Photo 2). I took the truck in over a month ago and the dealer said I have a solenoid issue in one of the shocks not sure which one, so I can’t change drive modes, steering modes, and damner feel. Don’t know if the part missing is what is wrong but any insight would be appreciated.

Attachments

• C1C5CD8D-6DDB-414D-8D98-5B5717C5CCAE.jpeg
    C1C5CD8D-6DDB-414D-8D98-5B5717C5CCAE.jpeg
    266.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 4C331BBA-B4AD-4A5C-BF8C-FCCF3E947977.jpeg
    4C331BBA-B4AD-4A5C-BF8C-FCCF3E947977.jpeg
    281.8 KB · Views: 120
OP
OP
H

Haletwin23

Reaction score
What does the bottom of that shock look like where the solenoid is?

It looks like this. Looks like it’s missing the black piece that you circled on your photo. I’m going to take a guess that this is the solenoid?

Attachments

• 4510212E-6B02-4765-B9F3-AD7F6A72DAC1.jpeg
    4510212E-6B02-4765-B9F3-AD7F6A72DAC1.jpeg
    224.4 KB · Views: 53

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like this. Looks like it’s missing the black piece that you circled on your photo. I’m going to take a guess that this is the solenoid?
you're missing the live valve connection. If any of the four dont work, you should see "drive control malfunction" and like you see, cannot change modes, all shocks should feel very stiff. My 2020 had this in the first week, took 8 months from Ford to get a whole new system. Somehow they bypassed the system where the 8 months wasnt a horrible ride

OP
OP
H

Haletwin23

Reaction score
you're missing the live valve connection. If any of the four dont work, you should see "drive control malfunction" and like you see, cannot change modes, all shocks should feel very stiff. My 2020 had this in the first week, took 8 months from Ford to get a whole new system. Somehow they bypassed the system where the 8 months wasnt a horrible ride
Yeah that would make sense since I can’t change drive modes and I get that message every time I turn the truck on. Ever since 1000 miles and I’m at almost 5000 now. I will stop by my dealer today to show them so they can see it and get the correct part ordered. Hopefully it doesn’t take to long to order the new part and for it to get here but it will probably take forever.

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that would make sense since I can’t change drive modes and I get that message every time I turn the truck on. Ever since 1000 miles and I’m at almost 5000 now. I will stop by my dealer today to show them so they can see it and get the correct part ordered. Hopefully it doesn’t take to long to order the new part and for it to get here but it will probably take forever.
they need to run the IDS tool (if they have one) and it will pin point this error - let me find my posts and research on here and I'll send via PM