Anyone know if this hole is supposed to house a light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoreyMac

Reaction score
This pic is of my interior console, took it apart to run coax for my 2 way radio antenna. It’s probably specific for 13/14 model year Raps... anyone know what this hole is for, console light maybe?, nothing was there when I started taking everything apart. TIA!!

0FC40D92-3DE3-4045-AC0D-D25AC3EC8102.jpeg

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's for trucks that have the OEM ambient lighting, which the Raptor does not. I took the entire ambient lighting setup out of my 13 Limited so that my Raptor has it.

pxl_20201117_201729163-jpg.156280

OP
OP
CoreyMac

CoreyMac

Reaction score
Oh ok. That looks nice in the Gen1, I’ve always liked it in the first two years of the Gen2. Maybe I’ll see if I can order that from my dealer and install it.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh ok. That looks nice in the Gen1, I’ve always liked it in the first two years of the Gen2. Maybe I’ll see if I can order that from my dealer and install it.

You won't like the cost of ordering it from your dealer. I'd find a wrecked Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum, or Limited and just take the stuff you need from it. Most likely will be quite a bit cheaper. There's a thread on here of what you'll need. Only part you need to build is the harness from the A/C module down to the floor connector, then re-program the module with ForScan.

OP
OP
CoreyMac

CoreyMac

Reaction score
You won't like the cost of ordering it from your dealer. I'd find a wrecked Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum, or Limited and just take the stuff you need from it. Most likely will be quite a bit cheaper. There's a thread on here of what you'll need. Only part you need to build is the harness from the A/C module down to the floor connector, then re-program the module with ForScan.
Thanks for the helpful info!