Anyone know any info about an IWE hose TSB?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had this TSB done a year ago. I'm on my 3rd vacuum check valve and now the symptom (2WD front end grinding/rubbing noise) is back. I ordered 2 more check valves and I know the grinding will disappear for about a year then it will come back.

@FordTechOne -- do you know if there is an update to this TSB at all? Any recommendations to try to get this fixed once and for all?
There’s no updates to the TSB; it’s basic vacuum system diagnosis. If you’re going through multiple check valves I’d suspect you have a leak in the system that is drawing debris and moisture through the check valve and causing it to fail.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s no updates to the TSB; it’s basic vacuum system diagnosis. If you’re going through multiple check valves I’d suspect you have a leak in the system that is drawing debris and moisture through the check valve and causing it to fail.
Thank you for the quick reply. I did find TSB 19-2252 which is an update to 18-2273. I'll bring this to my dealer and ask them to address it.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for the quick reply. I did find TSB 19-2252 which is an update to 18-2273. I'll bring this to my dealer and ask them to address it.
19-2252 was replaced by 22-2219, which does not include Raptor. The diagnostic procedure is the same for all models though.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you. Should I bring 22-2219 to the service center also?
22-2219 doesn’t apply to Raptor. The service center should follow normal Workshop Manual diagnostics. There is a specific pinpoint test exactly for this issue, which will isolate the component(s) at fault.

AvalancheGrey2017

Reaction score
challenge here is whats occurring within your hubs. I had the horrible grind a year ago and replaced the check valve myself as it takes all of 15 seconds. All the obvious grinds immediately disappeared. What didn't disappear was the very slight rattle/grind on initial acceleration. You could only hear it near a reflective surface like a drive through or tight underpass/tunnel. Had it looked at under warranty and they opened the whole system up - IWEs were chewed up inside the hubs. Might be worth a shot if you are still under warranty, I imagine the work wasnt cheap.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
challenge here is whats occurring within your hubs. I had the horrible grind a year ago and replaced the check valve myself as it takes all of 15 seconds. All the obvious grinds immediately disappeared. What didn't disappear was the very slight rattle/grind on initial acceleration. You could only hear it near a reflective surface like a drive through or tight underpass/tunnel. Had it looked at under warranty and they opened the whole system up - IWEs were chewed up inside the hubs. Might be worth a shot if you are still under warranty, I imagine the work wasnt cheap.

Agree. I had the hubs replaced under warranty about 2 years ago and now that the temps have dropped here in the northeast, the grind/rattle is back. I do have an extended warranty so I should be covered. I printed out the most recent updated TSB and will be making an appointment and requesting the whole system to be inspected. Thanks for your help!