Anyone install a cam yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SupermanUSAF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the ford racing cams & heads, aFe CAI, and Stainless works headers/exhaust. Had a local guy try to tune it and it was sitting just over 300 hp at the wheels, but his tune was complete crap. Ordered a tune from 5Star and while it was better than the dyno tune the truck was still running really rough and I was having problems with throttle response during slow acceleration. So I ordered a tune from JDM. I've had no problems with the truck since installing it, but haven't been able to get it back on a dyno since then.

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to put a cam in my truck, and have considered doing so many times. Unfortunately, I'm at the point where I have about as much power as the stock internals can handle, so it's something that would probably have to wait until I do a 6.6 stroker build

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you want it for the performance or would you be OK with just the sound?

I ask cuz... some 5.0 tunes have “ghost cam” options that make it sound like it has a cam at idle speeds.

RaptorN/Abuild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of installing a cam when I do a build on my truck. Has anyone done one yet? Stage 2. How will it affect my gas mileage?
I have the livernios cam installed along with the whipple. Gas mileage is not affected that Much. I get 10.5 mpg in the city. Biggest thing is the right tune

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you want it for the performance or would you be OK with just the sound?

I ask cuz... some 5.0 tunes have “ghost cam” options that make it sound like it has a cam at idle speeds.

This does not work on a 6.2. its a SOHC engine. The Coyote is a 4 cam engine and the "Ghost tune" tricks the exhaust cam (the phaser actually) into a different degree of operation creating a "Big Cam" lope.