Anyone in Dallas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Dirt_Crusted_Raptor

Reaction score
Thanks for the hail info... Are vehicles commonly damaged from hail out there? Is that something to look for? The paint appears to be in great shape from the photos I have seen.

I would be willing to share the location if someone wanted to go look at it for me.

Thanks for the help.

RipReturns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm here in Dallas. This is the stormy season and hail is more common than would be reasonably liked. Is it in Dallas, or one of the northern suburbs (e.g., Richardson, Plano, Friso, Allen, McKinney)? While I'm not a mechanic, I may be able to look it over - take more pictures - and compare it to my 2018 802A as far looks, sounds, feels, etc. Feel free to PM me @ [email protected] if I can help.

lardog

Reaction score
Let me know where the truck is located as I could go look at it. You might also is everything checks out get a Carfax on the truck. Carfax does a little more in depth report than Car Check.
If you want anymore about me or experience info let me know. I am located in Frisco, TX
lardog

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to purchase a Raptor from the main dealerships there, but no one wanted to make a deal, I ended up going to St.Louis. I hope you found a decent deal

RipReturns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WRT buying from dealer: I was able to use buying (really, pricing) service (through USAA) and participating dealers to get their agreed-upon price. From there, it was just a matter of getting dealers to "beat" the competitors - remember, closer to end of month is better - and I was able to whittle down purchase of 2018 802A from $15K above MSRP to MSRP in short order. All it takes is a little "sweat equity" and willingness to look beyond your neighborhood dealer. I was looking at everyone in State of Texas (that required a minimum 300-mile radius), but ended up buying local when they provided best deal (after I did my 'homework.')

lardog

Reaction score
I can call and see if you want a new one at the dealer where I have connections. I can explain if interested. I ordered mine about 13 months before the new gen 2 showed up at any dealers in the US. The truck ordered and purchased was the second one to arrive at this very large dealer or received. At that time when all dealers were getting over MSRP. I paid $1000. under.

lewb

Reaction score
In Dallas (near downtown so dead-center) if you need a set of eye's on this Raptor.... PM me back to discuss if the North Dallas members aren't close.