Anyone in Chicago available to go put eyes on a Gen1 for me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fffrank

Reaction score
I'd be willing to toss someone a tank of gas or a gift card of their choosing if they were able to go check out this used, high mileage truck for sale outside of Chicago? https://chicagofinemotors.com/vdp/1...erCab-8ft-Bed-4WD-for-sale-in-McCook-IL-60525

I'm in Minneapolis. It's a one-owner truck with fantastic service history on the Carfax. Wouldn't hold anyone to issues but figure getting eyes on it before spending a few hundred on an airline ticket would be smart.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
10 out of 10 chance that’s some shady dealer selling salvaged titled junkers that have been put back together with duct tape and zip ties.

I don’t know that particular dealer but lived in Chicago and the burbs most of my life. I can smell a scam dealer from 900 miles away.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Seen that Raptor somewhere before. Just recently, too.

8-foot bed???????????????????

Yeah....I'd get eyes on that, too, just to see if it's even there. Possible red flags.

OP
OP
F

Fffrank

Reaction score
I don't think it's actually an 8ft box.

If anyone is interested I did pay for an inspection through a service called R8tr (highly recommend) and they provided a ton of photos. It's mechanically sound, no rust but definitely a 10 footer. Explains why it's been sitting for 4 months at this sketchy dealership. I wouldn't be happy if I paid and had it delivered sight unseen.

I can post photos if anyone else shows up here interested.