Anyone here running Roadmaster Active Suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Order is in, and I should have the setup sometime mid week! I also ordered the 3" Readylift OEM style block too. I need about 2" of height in the back to bring the back higher than the front. The stock block measures 2 5/8", so I'll get almost 1/2" from the block, and the RAS should easily give me another 1-1.5". I figured since I had to loosen the leaf spring bolts to install the RAS I may as well just do the blocks too since they won't affect the operation of the OEM springs, and still retain the OEM bump stops. Everyone who has run the RAS on a Raptor hasn't noticed any difference in the way it handles stuff offroad, but I can tell from my experience in my 13 Limited with the RAS the on-road manners and load handling capabilities are vastly improved with it.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally got it all installed today! Was pretty straightforward. Installed the Readylift 3" OEM-style rear blocks and hardware with the Roadmaster Active Suspension. Took the chance to clean everything up a bit as well. Height worked out perfect. I needed about 2" of lift in the back since the front was set to top perch, and I wanted the back to be a little higher than the front. I ended up getting right about 2" out of the blocks and RAS with the RAS set to 25%. Drives much better without the rear squatting, and also helped a lot with axle wrap and just overall rear suspension feel and cornering.

PXL_20201207_180138301.jpg

PXL_20201207_180143753.jpg

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about this set up? I wouldn't for a raptor, defeats the purpose of owning a raptor. I would go with proven deaver springs , especially if you plan on keeping your truck. This set up looks so ghetto in so many ways. If price is your deciding factor, try to find some used deavers or place a "want ad". Good luck with your truck have a great day.

Deavers sag more with load than stock springs. I got regular +3's and with maybe 300-400lbs of camping gear and firewood in the bed they sagged to the point the truck didn't ride good offroad because the bypass shock was in the wrong zone. I put an email in to Deaver this week to see if there's anything I can without sedning the entire leaf packs back to be reworked.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Deavers sag more with load than stock springs. I got regular +3's and with maybe 300-400lbs of camping gear and firewood in the bed they sagged to the point the truck didn't ride good offroad because the bypass shock was in the wrong zone. I put an email in to Deaver this week to see if there's anything I can without sedning the entire leaf packs back to be reworked.
That's unfortunate for you, I have the same springs on mine and haven't experience that issue even after 6 years on the truck. Maybe you got a bad set. Hopefully your not thinking you can carry a 400lb load and some firewood and go jump dunes at the same time :eek: . I wish I had of taken a picture this one time, I had the metal ramps for my quads laying in the box of my Raptor and forgot I had them there when we were camping at the dunes, anyway, went flying out in the dunes and the first jump, one of the ramps pierced right through the inside of the tail gate, lol.

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's unfortunate for you, I have the same springs on mine and haven't experience that issue even after 6 years on the truck. Maybe you got a bad set. Hopefully your not thinking you can carry a 400lb load and some firewood and go jump dunes at the same time :eek: . I wish I had of taken a picture this one time, I had the metal ramps for my quads laying in the box of my Raptor and forgot I had them there when we were camping at the dunes, anyway, went flying out in the dunes and the first jump, one of the ramps pierced right through the inside of the tail gate, lol.

No, just regular medium speed offroad cruising to get to campsites. Through sand washes, poorly maintained fire roads, etc.