Anyone here running Roadmaster Active Suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Currently I have an issue that the front is sitting a bit higher than the back, so I either need to block the back, go with something like Deavers or add a leafs, or go with RAS. I have the RAS on my 13 Limited and really enjoy it, I just wasn't sure how it would affect the Raptor suspension. On the 40% setting I gained around 2" of ride height on the Limited, and the load handling increased dramatically. Thinking the RAS might be a better alternative for my usage compared to a different spring pack, plus they are adjustable. Thoughts?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Q8sONM749vF6Nf_7tbi-VM2J4H-RfHX5AdOLhgNcYqhkI_XG0I.jpg
Are you talking about this set up? I wouldn't for a raptor, defeats the purpose of owning a raptor. I would go with proven deaver springs , especially if you plan on keeping your truck. This set up looks so ghetto in so many ways. If price is your deciding factor, try to find some used deavers or place a "want ad". Good luck with your truck have a great day.

Blacktor

Reaction score
Sacrilege!

JK, I have run these on my Raptor for the past year and a half. Towing was the main reason for the purchase. It certainly reduced rear end sag and makes things less sketchy around corners with a trailer. I don't offroad super hard core, but I have flown down dirt/wash board roads and been airborne with these and they're still working great. I noticed about 3/4" of ride height increase and a LOT less wheel hop at supercharged power levels. I had a hard time justifying the price of deavers too.

One thing to note, they will send you the old style that bolts on to the leaf pack. This requires removing the U bolts and what not. I did not receive the new version that just loops around and takes 20 minutes to install. Hopefully this is helpful in your decision.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Q8sONM749vF6Nf_7tbi-VM2J4H-RfHX5AdOLhgNcYqhkI_XG0I.jpg
Are you talking about this set up? I wouldn't for a raptor, defeats the purpose of owning a raptor. I would go with proven deaver springs , especially if you plan on keeping your truck. This set up looks so ghetto in so many ways. If price is your deciding factor, try to find some used deavers or place a "want ad". Good luck with your truck have a great day.

If you haven't used them then you can't really comment on them. My main goal is to get a little more payload and ride right as well as some better on road manners out of the truck, and these seem to do all of that. Also, they can be removed easily if you're worried about off-road flex.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sacrilege!

JK, I have run these on my Raptor for the past year and a half. Towing was the main reason for the purchase. It certainly reduced rear end sag and makes things less sketchy around corners with a trailer. I don't offroad super hard core, but I have flown down dirt/wash board roads and been airborne with these and they're still working great. I noticed about 3/4" of ride height increase and a LOT less wheel hop at supercharged power levels. I had a hard time justifying the price of deavers too.

One thing to note, they will send you the old style that bolts on to the leaf pack. This requires removing the U bolts and what not. I did not receive the new version that just loops around and takes 20 minutes to install. Hopefully this is helpful in your decision.

My reason is similar, I'd like to get a little better on-road manners out of the truck with a trailer and a loaded bed. I plan on supercharging at some point too and figured it would help immensely with the wheel hop as it has on my stock 13 Limited. My Limited they sent me the new ones that bolt around the spring pack, very easy to install. From what it sounds like with your experiences they should work well for what I need, which is probably 85% on road use.

Blacktor

Reaction score
Because these are installed and pre-loaded with the axle at full droop, I don't think the off-road ability of the truck is hindered much. From what I understand, as the rear leaf spring compresses, the RAS is effectively increasing spring rate. I could see this possibly being undesirable on whoops for example, but I am no expert. They do seem a bit gimmicky at first, but the people that actually have them seem to like them for the most part.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Because these are installed and pre-loaded with the axle at full droop, I don't think the off-road ability of the truck is hindered much. From what I understand, as the rear leaf spring compresses, the RAS is effectively increasing spring rate. I could see this possibly being undesirable on whoops for example, but I am no expert. They do seem a bit gimmicky at first, but the people that actually have them seem to like them for the most part.

That was my thoughts as well. I'm a believer in them on my 13 Limited that's mostly on-road use, was just curious if it would hinder off road use much.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you haven't used them then you can't really comment on them. My main goal is to get a little more payload and ride right as well as some better on road manners out of the truck, and these seem to do all of that. Also, they can be removed easily if you're worried about off-road flex.
I respect your perspective on why you would want to use these, you posted on the internet, expect to have both sides of an opinion laid out for you, what you do with those opinions is up to you. My opinion is valid whether you seem fit to understand the reasoning is okay with me. It all comes down to personal beliefs and use. Hope they work out for your intended use, have a great day.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I respect your perspective on why you would want to use these, you posted on the internet, expect to have both sides of an opinion laid out for you, what you do with those opinions is up to you. My opinion is valid whether you seem fit to understand the reasoning is okay with me. It all comes down to personal beliefs and use. Hope they work out for your intended use, have a great day.

It's fine to put your opinion in, but I was more asking for the people that have used the RAS on a Raptor and either removed them and went with Deavers or add a leafs or have kept the RAS on instead of doing Deavers or add a leafs. I get that my post count may not be high, but I've been an automotive tech for a while now, I just don't have a ton of experience with aftermarket product offerings and off-road builds.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sacrilege!

I checked into it. Apparently the kit for the Raptor has to go under the U-bolts, but the kit for the regular F-150 loops around it. Not sure why or what the difference is.